2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

It might be the case

Now it’s showing up. Interesting thing is that I have pretty much no 2023 iX 50i, only 2, and a bunch of allocations for the 2024s, but obviously programs aren’t out for those yet.

There is no corp. or loyalty on any of the i vehicles.

2 Likes

Anyone know if Toyota is passing the lease credit on the BZ4x

What’s a lease look like on these with the $7500?

We’ve listed a calculator on our thread.

My local vw has revised their numbers to this
36/10
1500 drive offs
$694/month (incl 10.25% local sales tax in SoCal)
On a $46205 msrp
That includes 7500 + 1500 + 720 in discounts.

I love the discounts but those lease numbers are horrible!

1 Like

Should be able to get into a Q4 for not a lot more.

Not even CCA rebate on the i cars, I think…

Unless VAG drastically reduces their MF, none of these leases are worth talking about.

The $7500 doesn’t move the needle when you’re at a low to mid 50% RV either

VW is intelligently being conservative to the detriment of the dealers.

Same applies to BMW

1 Like

iX 50e cheaper than fat etron, fat/fast etron with the new credits sale price being equal.

i4 35e definitely cheaper than Q4 with the new credits sale price being equal

3 Likes

That is the problem, most brands are in similar situation. RV’s are terrible, even worse on EV models.

Almost as if they know where used vehicle pricing is headed.

2 Likes

Think GIF by LA Clippers

EVs had horrible depreciation pre-pandemic (except for some Teslas but I argue that’s because the tax credit disappeared for them).

The EV tax credit is what forces prices down. Why buy a used one when you can buy a new with $7500 off and has updates? The new tax credit has income limits so won’t push luxury EVs down as much… but EVs are like phones and change often. The used EV tax credit (for sub $25K) creates a price floor of sorts though.

Does anyone know if Porsche is offering the same pass-through credit?

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ioniq 5 Leasing as a backdoor into the EV tax credit

Sorry if I missed it, but I was working on a volvo lease and thinking the passthrough loophole will get closed in March with the new guidance. Do we know if this will actually happen? Makes a difference when to pull the trigger on the Polestar and Volvo TVs, if you can wait. Especially since they are so reluctant to incentivize sales now (and have what appears to be a 0.00271 MF.)

Passthrough? You will get adequate notice as nothing is happening to 45W right now.
30D? Well that will end 3/31 unless changes happen.

Okay thanks, I was talking about 45W, assuming they would want to close it for $100k EVs and foreign built vehicles.

They would have to write new legislation as 45w is very … empty.

So you would get LOTS of warning, there is 0 warning right now.

1 Like