2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

There are a lot of things to factor here - MSRP, where you are located, is it $0 down or $0 at signing, discount, MF, miles per year, etc. No one can tell you if it’s a good deal without the details.

dealer I was working on an i7 for has gone silent on me since Monday when they said they’ll run updated february numbers… wondering if they’re trying to figure this out…

My understanding is the $7500 pass through only applies to the iX 50 and the i4 35. No other EVs. But as others have said, it might be region specific so idk what may be happening in other regions.

2 Likes

Already reflects it

1 Like

Considering that the Koreans were some of the biggest lobbyers for the Section 45W loophole implementation, the fact that Hyundai/Kia haven’t passed on the $7,500 tax credit to lessees is pure criminal.

8 Likes

had they ever passed it on? iirc kia and hyundai were only on purchases in the past.

yes, on all the phevs. The only things they didn’t pass it on with was the ev6/i5, probably because there was no need to do so

I leased an iD.4 today and got the $7500 off. For sales tax, they told me that I’ll pay tax on the adjusted capital (sale price - trade in equity - rebate) when I buy out the lease. So, I won’t get the full $7500 but most of it, if that ends up being true. If so, If anyone is in a similar situation in TX it may be worth to paying off most of your trade in so your adjusted capital is lower.

1 Like

Gahhhhhrooonnnnnteeed that actual effective prices go up (regardless of MSRPs) as non-Tesla dealers cash grab as much of the EV credit as possible.

2 Likes

ah ok. i guess i just didn’t realize because no one ever talks about their shitty leases.

$7,500 official on i4 35e and iX 50e.

@BigNerd

4 Likes

Where do you see that 7500 on an i4?

Official website and dealer websites are not showing it

Individual VIN lookup.

1 Like

Stackable with any other standard incentives (corp, loyalty, or grad, etc)?

Based on my local BMW dealer every i4 below $55k has it.

That’s interesting since it’s being passed through on the iX 50e as well which is $4,101 over $79,999 ($7,101 for MY24)

Before destination of course.

Not sure how it works but i do not see $7500 rebate on any i4 above $55k.

I have a 59,8K car listed and it carries the rebate verified by vin lookup.

:eyes:

1 Like

Leases fall under commercial use so the max MSRP limits do not apply.

4 Likes

I’m guessing the dealer doesn’t fully understand the section 45 exemptions.

1 Like