2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

OK, makes perfect sense. Just thought it was interesting that the IRS hasn’t finalized the form for businesses claiming the credit, thought they might have a little room there.

If one intends on immediately buying out the lease in Calif it doesn’t make much difference the term, down etc, but if I am going to buy it out after 2 months or so should I do as big a down as possible, with a shorter term?

Still doesnt make much difference. Go for whichever term has.the lowest mf.

1 Like

Thanks, I had assumed that the MF was the same with them regardless of term. I’ll be sure to check that.

AFAIK only BMW is this way (one MF per month across the lineup). Volvo leases can have a different residual and MF for every make, model, trim, and term — and often do.

2 Likes

Has anyone who has filed taxes been held up after claiming the EV tax credit? The date keeps changing for when the IRS will begin processing these returns.

New leasing program on Feb 4 introduced a 00252 MF for a Polestar 2 39 month lease.

Sorry if this has been answered but are VW still being difficult about allowing ppl to flip their leases? I managed it once before but only through a vw dealer.

Correct, dealer or Autogroups with VW dealers only.

Hello experts!! Trying to understand how much would I be paying, If I decide to buyout this lease 1-2months after (I can’t qualify for 7.5k due to household income limit, so exploring this option)

TIA,
CP

I am assuming due to the Volvo language in the lease agreement there should be no problem buying it out early? Just wondering if any members have done this since the 45w came into effect, and if they encountered any issues (I know it still pretty early.)

Should be around $19k plus tax, however, i would be shocked if that contract funded with an adjusted cap cost lower than the residual value.

it’s longthread… but wanted to check and get some guidance.

1. VW ID.4… can we get on lease and buy it back and would 7500 become pass-thru? none of the dealers i am taking are not able to confirm that…
    i see some did back in last year… but wanted to see if that’s still doable… don’t want to get in to a lease that i can’t get out… or have to pay more to buy out.

If you mean , lease it with the $7500 discount, yes it works that way.

Can you define what you mean by pass-thru?

MSRP is 54k.
lease sale price is 54-7500 = 46500
Say residual is 30k… get the lease and payments should be have considered 7500 rebate…
if you buy back… it should be close to 46500…

Yes, your immediate buy out will approximately be the adjusted cap cost.

Do we know if VW allows early buyouts and/or any fees/restrictions? The problem with the id4 lease is primarily the MF, so this could be decent if the process doesn’t cause any problems.

There was discussion either earlier in this thread or in another thread that some rumors were VAG was charging full rent charge on an early buyout rather than it being earned monthly, however, the one recent contract that was posted did not have language consistent with that. I suspect that the rumors were coming from dealers that failed to read/understand the contract correctly, but I haven’t tested that theory personally.

1 Like

Polestar is now passing through 7500 as cap cost reduction on PS2. If you got to configure car and select lease, it gives you a notice as such down below the calculated monthly payment.

2 Likes