2023 Honda Accord

I think it looks like a facelifted US Pasast, TBH. I can’t find a pure profile pic; I wonder if that’s not a coincidence.

Interior is nice enough, and I like how high the center console is (a low center console has always screamed “cheap” to me. Wonder if there’s a storage space below that console. I’m a bit tired of the honeycomb trim showing up everywhere, but at least there’s some variation in this version?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-honda-accord-first-look-review/

Looks like they just scaled up the Civic by 15%

But Accord buyers always gonna be Accord buyers. Why rock the boat?

I think it looks great. The current 10th Gen was just getting tired. 19” wheels look nice and the tech looks much improved.

Will prob lease like crap too just like the previous gen

2 Likes

can you still get it with a Type R motor?

EDIT: Sadly it does not

Yeah I think dropping the 2.0T and not adding AWD was a big mistake. Selling Hondas myself I think we’re falling behind the competition.

Adding AWD won’t make a dent in falling sedan sales. Those people are all getting CUVs anyway.

1 Like

I kind of get why the dropped the 2.0T. Lowish take rate and they’re now pushing for a high hybrid take rate. Honestly I think even narrowing the offering, they should have just went full hybrid, but maybe it was a supply issue.

Given that they dropped LX trim on Civic, CR-V, Pilot, Odyssey, and never had it on Passport or Ridgeline, I’m surprised they kept it here.

HR-V LX I kind of get since it’s the entry model and presumably will be the entry volume leader that the Civic used to be.

1 Like

I just want an Accord “Type R” dammit

2 Likes

The Touring comes with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and a two-motor electric system. This setup makes 204 horsepower (152 kilowatts) and 247 pound-feet (335 Newton-meters) of torque.

Come on Honda. They could have pushed out closer to 250hp from that 2.0 liter engine.

Honda offers the Accord in six trim levels: LX, EX Sport, EX-L, Sport-L, and Touring. The entry-level model starts at $28,390 (after the $1,095 destination fee). With no upgrades, the Touring is $38,985.

I had a 2013 Accord EX-L. I think I paid less than 25k for it brand new. I get it that these new cars have better technology, but paying close to $40k for a Honda sedan is going to be a tough pill to swallow for some. The design just looks like a stretched out Civic, IMO.

1 Like

These are the weakest numbers I’ve seen since the Mazda MX30 or whatever it’s called.

1 Like

The engine in my '13 produced 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque. Ten years later, Honda could only manage an increase of 19 hp. :thinking:

Source: 2013 Honda Accord Specifications and Features

This turbo 4 is a shame especially for 40+k

The top four priced models do not have a turbo. The 46k plus price is sort of exaggerated, since it includes every dealer option. The MSRP of the top of the line model is 39k.

1 Like

That’s even worse if they’re not turbo with so little power…

Is there something about programming the batteries to provide less combined power but better fuel economy? I think the HP ratings for the hybrid are fine, if the fuel economy ends up being stellar.

One thing I’m wondering is how C&D put this on their 10 best list when it’s not even clear if any journalist has yet driven the car…

Edit: apparently, some C&D readers made similarly skeptical comments. One C&D writer answered that they had an early drive in the Fall, “well in advance of the press launch.” So I’m not even sure if they drove a pre-production prototype???

That would have been fine, if not for the cost, complexity and possible long-term unreliability from adding electrification.

As said above, the MPG better be worth it.

Is anyone on LH considering leasing or purchasing this new Accord?

this is fucking insane

i bought a 2018 EX with no extra bells or whistles for around $26k on new year’s eve 2018. to see this much of a price hike is literally blowing my mind.

not likely with those msrp prices. honda deals have been nonexistent for a year or so now.

Honda accord sales down 24% in 2022 from 2021!!

Lets see how the all new 2023 hideous, bland and dull accord sells!!!