2023 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD Deal Check

I don’t want to be that guy, but this was on a 2019 model. So can’t really compare discount, incentives and monthly to 2022 pricing.

ok - won’t veer off into why OP wants top trim on a rental for an appearance package + rear heated seats. like you’ve said - it’s a tough market and a tough call at that price point for this vehicle

Why circle back to an A5 when it’s just a VW? Oh, wait, but it isn’t. Just like a Genesis uses a totally diff platform from any Hyundai.

Unless I’m missing something, the post in your link clearly shows ~$450 w/ $2K down. On that’s on a car that’s $6K less than what the OP is looking at.

If you don’t like Genesis cars, that’s fine. But posting stuff that’s totally inaccurate (and literally everything in your post is wrong) isn’t helpful to anyone.

1 Like

genesis is struggling to move their sedans - they’ll start incentives again soon - maybe not exactly to that level but not $800/month bad

Alfa is already discounting 20% per LH regional forums via brokers

There is nothing wrong with wanting certain options on a leased car. As an example - I wanted the black optics package when I was looking to lease an A6 last year.

wrong.

Alfa has been discounting cars for a while. Anyway, OP seems to have made up their mind.

Again, the deal you posted was on a 2019 model that was signed in 2020. The pre-incentive discount was close to 15% off, while the incentives were $7k
Not going happen in today’s market.

1 Like

poster said they were never at that rate - they were - history tends to repeat itself

won’t comment on direction of car values since there’s other threads for that

FWIW, MSRP of the 2019 G70 you linked is $10k less than OP’s car.

2 Likes

You linked a $375 for a one off 1 year on lot car. You implied a $350 with Zero was normal. So I stand by my $450 + TTL

Just for kicks, I decided to look up on Edmunds what the incentives were for 03/2020 on a 2019 G70 3.3T. The incentive was $6K, so I’m not sure what was going on w/ that specific lease. Also, isn’t TX one of the states that tax the selling price? There’s virtually no tax, so I don’t know if there was some sort of tax credit?

At any rate, I don’t think that lease (which still doesn’t match the MSRP that the OP is looking at) would’ve been do-able outside of TX.

From that deal: Incentives: $7000 ($5500 lease cash, $1000 loyalty, $500 Flex)

They probably got tax credits since their posted tax rate was 1%.

1 Like

This is the solution.

Agreed. Ideally I’d be able to wait a few months. Just can’t at the moment since my daily is dead

G70 is indeed a sweet ride. I did a testdrive of the 3.3t sport a while back.)
But there’s no way in hell I’d subsidize $31k over 3 years so that the next guy can enjoy this at $25k.

Not just an appearance package I’m afraid.

• LSD + Brembo brakes
  • Heads up display
  • Sunroof
  • Enhanced safety (surround view monitor, blind spot view monitor)

I get your point, but the base model would be out of the question for me. You can make an argument for Advanced (mid-tier trim), but I’d miss out on everything above except for the sunroof

Don’t care about the brand name. My thought is that I’m getting a comparatively performing sports/luxury sedan and I like the car. BMW M340i base starts at $56k → fully loaded it’s looking like $65k. I could be wrong

Valid point

You mentioned it’s 2k to fix. If you’re hellbent on this, fix and wait 2.5 months and you’re exactly where you started if the payment is 800/month. The value of your current car will likely be the same and the lease may even come down.

2 Likes

Indeed - could be 50% discount and still would have no interest in an Alfa :sweat_smile: