2023 EQS SUV (633/month, 3300 DAS, 10 MSDs)

Unable to get ANYTHING close. Have contacted most dealers within 100 miles of me and nobody is willing to bite. I just don’t get it…probably caught on at this point.

1 Like

Mine was just dumb luck I think @GOAT said they had contacted my dealer and they weren’t really willing to deal as much.

1 Like

Dealership response :blush:

We are aware someone has marketed the structure you mentioned .We’ve received a lot of overflow requesting it .

My gut after 17 years with Mercedes says a dealer had a few loaners where they could do these discounts and have now run out of cars. We believe this started in TX and spread fast. We’re getting calls now from NY and Iowa.

I believe they do not have the inventory to honor that offer and now we’re getting the influx of requests. We do not have cars that fit that structure . We have one 2022 left. It has less than 3000 miles and its more likely we sell to someone local who has not been exposed to that deal, that no longer has the units to back the ad. Our offer is 10% off any EQ model we have in stock plus any incentives someone may qualify for .

If your search does not bring you a car , we still have ours at 10% off, 7500 lease , 2500 electric bonus , 1000 star access (if you can prove you qualify ) & MF=.00234. Good luck in your quest.

14 Likes

Somebody needs to send him a screenshot of the Adj MMR.

4 Likes

Its fine, let them have it

That’s a reasoned and diplomatic response. :+1:

I still get texts from the local Porsche dealer where I drove a Taycan ~1 year ago, and while I’ve shown the courtesy of a brief but polite reply to each one, I don’t even get a “thanks” in response.

And unless their CRM has multiple versions of the same automated text messages with variations in typos and grammar errors, these texts are coming from a human.

9 Likes

Can somone please explain what is that? How to qualify for this incentive?
TIA

Definitely agreed!
And that’s why I have thanked that guy multiple times, saying

even if we can’t make a deal at this time… I really appreciate your time and efforts on this.

3 Likes

I like to do business with people like that, even when I’m not Dumpster diving for deals. :smiley:

4 Likes

I actually agree with that response being cordial and professional. They have not called you a liar for saying that it is possible, they are just nicely saying they are not interested in doing it without insulting you. That is fair enough.

4 Likes

Exactly.
I liked them for that.

And he was even transparent enough of what they can do… To the details of specifying Money factor.

3 Likes

I Believe, if you can get fleet rebate of $3500, you can’t get $2500 lease cash + $1000 star.

Star AccessSM incentives cannot be used in conjunction with Diplomat, European Delivery, Special Demos, Certificate Programs, Mercedes-Benz Incentive
Bonus Cash and other Fleet programs, or non-U.S. specification vehicles

I don’t specifically know how to qualify for that $1000 star discount.

1 Like

The 3500 is in lieu of the 2500, for a net benefit of 1000

Yes, fair professional transparency should be appreciated by all of us, even if the dealer does not have a tractive pricing. I would rather they are just upfront with me and say flat out that they recognize these deals are possible but that they are not willing to do them. That is clearly a superior approach to what most of them do and tell the customer they are a liar :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I had one say “Thanks for the math lesson.”

1 Like

Yeah, over the years I’ve had some crazy condescending replies as well. A few times I have even been yelled at!

Most of the time though, a somewhat well reasoned interaction with them will at least lead to a neutral response rather than them insulting us🤪 Sometimes though, the dealer simply is not aware of what’s possible and it is hard to come across without sounding like a know it all.

Which state is that dealer in?

Leasehackr calculator show acq. fee is $795 I’m looking contracts what people shared everybody paid $1095 and dealer quoted me $1095 too. Any idea which one is correct ?

Both.

Base is 795 but dealers are allowed to go to 1095, so most of them do.

MB base acq fee is $795. Every dealer in the country seems to mark it up to $1095. It’ll be $1095 on your contract.

3 Likes