2023 Demo/Loaner Porsche Macan: Should I go for it?

Hi, Wanted to get your suggestions on Demo/Loaner Porche Macan leasing.

I read the article here on LH about “fart car” and some recent posts. I got the overall idea, but what is a good deal on demo vehicles? I want to make them an offer but unsure what’s the good deal on these. I see deals about 5-7% off of MSRP for new ones.

Some quotes I received:
Macan Base, MSRP 72k, 9% off, buy rate MF, odo 5.5k miles.
Macan T, MSRP 70k, 7% off, buy rate MF, odo 2k miles.

Please talk me out of it as well if its better going for a new one instead.

Isn’t base MF somewhere around 9%?

Yes, close it’s 8.16%

Why not snatch a 2023 SQ5 for much less? Much lower TCO.

4 Likes

An Audi isn’t a Porsche, you gotta pay to play. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Why not snatch chlamydia for much less? Much lower TCO.

4 Likes

I don’t think sharing is caring in this aspect.

2 Likes

While generally true…a base Macan is peppy for a 4 banger, but still not the most inspiring vehicle.

2 Likes

I can do 8% off a new one, but that’s here on the east coast.

If you can get them past 11% out west with buy rate on a demo, that might not be bad for your market.

1 Like

Your Deals look solid. Brokers are relatively the same

1 Like

SQ5 was my first pick too but have owned a Q5 before and loved it. But wanted to try something new ended up liking another vw brand. Test drove Macan Base out of curiosity, I thought power should be enough and as @Alexhhh mentioned its definitely peppy.

Thanks @IAC_Scott, I will keep that in mind when I make an offer.

Do you think its better to go check these cars (cosmetic issues) before negotiating? Since its like new and not new.

Wait a second. 261 hp? For 60k!? How much more per month is a Macan S? Hell a X3M40 would take the Macan to the wood shed.

That being said if you like it go for it.

To quote the great canadian philosopher Drake, “You only live once, thats the model redacted YOLO”

2 Likes

I had a 22 Macan base got rid of it absolutely underpowered and my X4 M40i was much better driver. your paying for the badge on that 4 banger and $800 a month is just not worth it.

2 Likes

Besides performance that macan excels in everything than that bmw. Much less plastic with higher quality material

Test drive it first and if the Base is for you look into some CPO ones, I see 70k+ build 2022 with 7k miles listing for $56k. https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d6b809b2-fcf5-4f30-8655-bb428676d0c1/

1 Like

Besides performance? Whats the point of getting a Porsche if not performance?

That’s like asking, “Aside from the assassination how was the play Mrs Lincoln?”

4 Likes

There’s more to a base Macan than the HP.

Masterful gearbox, steering, and driving dynamics. I am glad I got out of mine, but it was a blast for a few months.

That said, I would only get a base if the deal was amazing.

7 Likes

You’re right .

Do you feel the x3m40i has enough to command the sticker that it comes with ?

What? Interior is not Porsches strong suit by any stretch of the imagination. X3 will have way better tech and infotainment. Macan interior looks a car from mid 2010s