2023 Demo/Loaner Porsche Macan: Should I go for it?

are people really buying 260 hp mini suv for their steering or gearbox? It’s so they can have the badge as cheap as possible. Would take the x3 40 over it all day and performance is leaps and bounds different.

What @sharksfan15 said earlier. Try offering them 50-52k and call it a day. Do the math to confirm but even if you treat it like a lease and sell it in 3 years (assuming warranty will still be good) you’ll come out way ahead.

1 Like

Porsche has never been a value play, so I’m not sure why the price comparison is even in the discussion. People want what they want, and people are willing to pay the price for it… period.

1 Like

A loaded m40i is the price of an optioned base macan. It runs circles around in quality and performance. I owned both last year and the Macan is an old platform and just not worth it.

In order to get the performance out of the Macan you would have to spend $80k and jump up to the S model. Not to mention all of the tech BMW comes with heads up display better seats less rattles in the interior.

1 Like

Thank you @sharksfan15 for the lead.

@LeaserOC, yes that’s what I am thinking as well. Thank you.

2 Likes

My shortlist was X3M, Macan, SQ5 and Stelvio.

• Ruled out stelvio since it has bad deals now and rv is really bad.
  • I like X3M and I am sure it drives better, but unfortunately not a lot of inventory around. A local dealer quoter on X3M $800/mo +taxes with DAS $8000, it had an MSRP of $80k. It is over the budget, so X3M is out of question for me. Which is the reason I did not consider it in the first place.
  • I am left with Macan demo and SQ5 considering the deals around here.

X3M is not the same as X3M40i though. Lots of discussions 3 years ago on how tight the suspensions for the M which makes it not a great daily. Not sure if that has changed since I wasn’t following the M. I test drove the base Macan beginning of last year, I felt the same way with the amenities and bought an X5e (totally different car I know). But beginning of 2022 dealer was asking for a small markup on the base Macan and that’s when I walked.

1 Like

Have you driven a base Macan? DSG is great but it ends there for me. 248hp and 0-60 in 6.3s? Yea ok, you can keep your pay to play.

X5e is really good for sure, had a chance to drive one for couple of days.

My bad yes even for X3M40i there are only 20-25 in the state and some are still in transit as per cars.com. So most likely not to have any incentives.

There is a world of difference between an x3m and a base macan. Depends on what you want but those cars aren’t really cross shopped

1 Like

261hp and 5.0s according to car and driver.

1 Like

I was merely pointing out that CPO base Macan seems to be a decent deal compare to a loaner or new. SQ5 and X3M40i are great cars, I also have a car that has iDrive8, I like it except the removal of the buttons.

I’m no Drake but in my youth I used to take the streetcar that passed by Degrassi on my way to school (there’s no Degrassi high, only a junior high). I also say YOLO, get the car you want!

1 Like

Just making sure, we are talking about a Porsche right? Not a Porche?

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out, Professor!

Thank you all for your inputs and suggestions, appreciate it.

Yea no.

Check out a loaner cayenne too, if the badge you seek. :slight_smile:

Just reporting what tests actually show. Germans are notorious for under-reporting 0-60 times

https://www.caranddriver.com/porsche/macan-2022

Given that the GTI and Q5 both have the same engine, and are mid to low 5 second range, the 5.0 time is very realistic.

1 Like

This is very true…BMW is the classic example…they’re real world 0-60 times are always better than they claim…sometimes by quite a bit too.

I really wanted the Macan T and drove it and the Base – and was really underwhelmed by all aspects, including engine and interior. Ended up with 2 related vehicles - a GTI Autobahn and a Q5e (PHEV). Both are fantastic for what they are - unlike the Macan (T and Base) which are really pale imitations of what they are supposed to be. Happy to provide details on the GTI and Q5e if asked - note the Q5e is best for specific use case - but highly recommend both (although both lease pretty poorly - paid cash for GTI, leased and immediately purchased Q5e - but its not like the Macan is a leasehackr special)