2023 Defender 110 s lease

You are correct - I tried and apparently they don’t accept cash :confused:

I have a Defender incoming and don’t plan on keeping it more than a year at most. I was going to finance but sounds like I may be better off leasing……is that correct?

Depends on your state. What state would the vehicle be registered in?

This will be in CT.

I believe CT taxes on the monthly. Someone correct me if i’m wrong. If that holds true, you’d be better off leasing

That’s correct. I lease my wife’s car currently. Sounds like leasing the Defender is the way to go.

I’m planning to lease a defender 110 with MSRP of 59k . Can anyone let me know what’s the lease payment for 10k/3) months. I got dealer quote at 900$ a month with 0 down . Plus 5% tax

Not enough info. Read this - then calculate it yourself after you have the right inputs.

2 Likes

Can’t calculate it accurately if you don’t know the selling price as noted in Step 1 of the link above.

Selling price 56000

I’m assuming there is no production tracker for the LR? Seems like once it’s built and on a ship that’s the best way of knowing/tracking?

@Ursus

Yeah, that was for me. You just need to find out from your dealer to which boat/ship date your LR is assigned to.

1 Like

Looking at defender 110 lease for 24 months / 10k and seems like RV varies widely between trims

110 base: 92% (wow)
110 S: 87%
110 SE: 82%
110 XSE: 80%

Three things Are making it hard

1. Ideally I wanted a 6 cylinder SE but RV on base is very tempting
  2. The money factor is very high at .00306.
  3. Risk is that I order the car and in the 6 months it takes for the car to arrive, residual values come down.

Not only that, most LR dealers charge huge mark ups.

2 Likes

Biggest issue is availability and yes you’re gonna have changes from now until delivery. Only get if you want it or can back out of order with little to no pain.

1 Like

Is your goal to keep?

If a 6cyl it makes more sense to buy

1 Like

What happens if I place the order and then back out because I don’t like the lease deal at the time the car is ready for delivery?

@Bostoncarconcierge right now I would say likelihood that I would keep it is < 50%. If I do end up liking the vehicle, I may just end up buying a new 6 cylinder at the end of the lease.

You will like it.

5 Likes

Depends on your dealer and what state youre in.

1 Like