2023 Defender 110 s lease

Depends on who you order from dealer wise check with them.

Iā€™d make sure your deposit is refundable.

But if your plan is to flip then none of the 3 concerns you note matter :slight_smile: - RV is irrelevant and Mf is only slightly relevant (interest for the months you have it).

As @mattevan said youā€™ll love it.

The S trim is a great starting point. Then if you love it, track for another one in your desired trim and make a decision from there.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Spoke to the dealer.

$2500 fully refundable deposit, 4-6 months wait time on defender 110 Base model and no mark-up above MSRP. Of course they couldnā€™t share lease numbers as it would be the lease numbers at the time of the delivery that would be applicable.

That makes it a no brainer to order.

One last question - letā€™s say at the time of the delivery the dealer marks-up the money factor over the official numbers and I donā€™t want to cancel the order, do I have the option of re-Routing the car to another dealer? If so, I am sure there is some sort of cut-off time before the car is physically delivered to the dealer.

No you cannot re-route best to get a promise of no MF markup and hope they keep their word. Iā€™d aim for one already allocated with a delivery date, yours sounds like a factory order which can take ages

You do not.

Iā€™d expect a 100bps markup to the rate.

Did you confirm no markup on the rate?

Also, donā€™t order a base. Order an S optioned 65-69K.

You need to talk to the dealer before ordering to confirm mark ups, not just sales price.

My dealer just listed 10 110S/SE/X-Dynamic SE and two 90. Coming to the dealership on Sep 2. They are arriving, finally.

2 Likes

2500 deposit is too much for my comfort. Iā€™d offer 500 and make a counter to close at 1000.

2 Likes

Based on this verbiage itā€™s virtually guaranteed to have the max MF markup.

2 Likes

Agreed, dealers I spoke to said base takes forever+100 to get produced / if they even get produced, as LR is prioritizing higher builds.

Youā€™ll like it. Iā€™ve had an F82 M4, RAM TRX, and two volvos. In the end, the Defender 110 S is not the best handling, or fastest, but is probably my favorite casual DD.

Not too sporty, comfortable enough, etc.

Yes you will.

1 Like

Thanks all. Advice from you all has been phenomenal. I plan to call a few dealers today and see what happens. I def found a couple of them that would do no mark up on the sales price. I have a feeling that it would be harder to get info on money factor markup.

I also wanted to answer a few questions

1. Why base defender - primarily because main things I am sacrificing is leather seats. But LR has 92% RV right now on a base defender vs 87% on a defender S (24/10k). Thatā€™s almost a $3k additional depreciation on defender S

2. Why factory build - I have a very particular spec. I need off road package, towing package and air suspensions. And I donā€™t mind waiting.

2 Likes

Can I please ask why defender S? I just ask to get more info. I picked up base defender because of higher RV and I couldnā€™t see any material differences (other than leather seats)

If you correctly input everything into the LH calculator using MSRP and base MF, you will know what the payment should be with no MF markup.

Do this before you start calling anyone. :slight_smile:

Aside from me being pretentious?

Kiddingā€¦kinda.

There are some minor aesthetic touches that are important to me like the ability to get the black exterior pack and also the better headlights.

We got ours to keep so I wanted it to be what we considered perfect.

Iā€™m sure there are other things the S offers that the base doesnā€™t but the above is just two.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot.

For a keeper it makes sense.

If the RV was similar, it would be a no brainer. I care less about what the difference in MSRP is as most that I would get back in RV anyway. Itā€™s really the lower RV on S that Hurts you.

Thanks again.

Lets not lose sight of the forest through the treesā€¦

Whats hurting you the most in either case is the insane mf. Unless youre just trying to flip, leasing this vs a balloon loan is going to make that rv difference between the base and s look insignificant.

1 Like

Unless youā€™re keeping it, this doesnā€™t really matter

So, based on comments, Iā€™m assuming there are no 3rd-party restrictions on an LR lease?

Has anybody determined which trim yields the best return on ā€œinvestmentā€? (assuming MSRP)

1 Like

I can get a Trophy Edition at MSRP (I believe) ā€¦ in stock. Question is, should I/do I want to. :man_facepalming: