2023 Defender 110 s lease

You pay full tax on financing in every state, AFAIK :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

If I do this deal, I need to lease to avoid the taxes to lower my exit cost; and enjoy a roughly 8.5% interest rate. If I finance, I get 4.99% for 72 mos. and get to send a check to Gavin Newsom for nearly $7k in tax and raising my buyout when it comes time to sell.

In the finance scenario I’ll need to clear ~$90k to pay off the loan.

If I lease, I’ll need to clear roughly $85k to exit the car.

The million dollar question is will this 130 be worth at least $85k in 6-7 months. Orders will be canceled, supply will continue to increase, interest rates will likely rise once more. :face_with_monocle::thinking:

1 Like

If you’re expecting a break even in 6-7 months, you are still living in 2021.

1 Like

Or in florida lol

Look, @aronchi - my wheels lol

Hey, she practiced safe driving habits by backing in. Those wheels look like they came off a 92 grand am.

1 Like

350z wheels

2 Likes

They actually came off a Camaro SS :joy:

2 Likes

It’s time to stop making fun of @Ursus wheels, before that ban hammer comes down :grimacing:

1 Like

And the same ride height.

Nah, I like them and that’s all that matters.
@max_g - it’s not the height, it’s the wheels size.

Surprised she gets her pick of cars and chooses the defender. Are they that nice?

2 Likes

I like mine, so who knows.

1 Like

Product placement

1 Like

The interior of the defender is really nice. The dash, center console, and doors have stitched neoprene (or something like neoprene).
Even though it’s not leather, it looks and feels premium.
Sorta like how alcantara is a luxury option lol

The infotainment and cluster layout is nice. The interior looks higher end than it really is, even in a 110s

And it doesn’t drive like a 3 ton SUV. Ride and drive are much better than XC90 T6, IMO.

Soooooo much better than an XC90 as it relates to ride smoothness and driving position

3 Likes

Product placement makes sense. Would just expect her to be in a RR rather than a LR if she could choose. Guess if they pay you enough you’ll drive whatever

Kendall, the OG LH. Negative TCO

She parked in handicapped…sounds about right.

1 Like

She appears to be the least problematic out of the group :face_with_peeking_eye: