2023 Defender 110 s lease

This is a very correct take.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in the 4 cyl from a trx, and I find it sufficient.

I have other cars coming next year that scratch that itch.

2 Likes

why would the flip be out of question for a 72k MSRP?

1 Like

I have one reserved, but my god those door handles are brutal. Chip shortage clearly limited vinyl wrapping at JLR.

6 Likes

How many defenders you own?

Mattevan: yes

9 Likes

He has the tow truck on standby too

3 Likes

With @Abe_Lefko help, I was able to source a similarly specā€™d Defender @ MSRP but now dealer is adamant in up-charging the MF (.00409 vs .00309).

Thoughts on how pushy I should be and whether that is standard practice with LR?

1 Like

There really is no ā€œstandard practiceā€

If you didnā€™t ask for base rate MF in initial negotiations, most dealers are going to mark up. Even if you asked for buy rate, itā€™s likely you would have been denied.

Itā€™s an in demand vehicle. The only person at that dealership that cares about you going through with the deal is your sales guy.
If you walk, someone else will be able to make an easy sale. You just need to decide how much you want the Defender

1 Like

JLR dealer and mf markup are as synonymous as JLR is with electrical issues.

5 Likes

Finance it with your own bank/CU and see if they still sell you at MSRP (they wonā€™t).
P.S. there is a new boatload arrived to Newark and some may become available in NE.

1 Like

Anybody have any luck on landing an MSRP deal in California? This in state purchase only requirement is crimping my deal game!

I contacted about 25 dealers from NorCal to so cal
Couldnā€™t find one doing msrp
Lowest I found was 5k adm

Same here, $5k adm was the best i got as well. Some dealerships wanted $50k adm for the v8s.

1 Like

AOR is not a requirement at JLR, but it is incentivized. Any dealer can sell anywhere in country.

2 Likes

So the service part would be true as well right?

So, found a defender at MSRP - dealer wants to markup the MF on a lease by 100bps. Wondering if I misunderstood, since that effectively doubles the monthly lease and makes the lease more than MSRP, or if itā€™s really that badā€¦

Thatā€™s standard for LR especially on the ground

1 Like