?2023 Cadillac Celestiq

Some teaser pics. No matter how nice the interior may be, I don’t know if updated 1970s/80s concept car at $300K is going to appeal to anyone…

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40601909/cadillac-celestiq-ev-exterior-preview/

1 Like

It appealed to a “professional auto writer” with “a soft spot for 90s Japanese economy cars”, through which he revealed his life long dream to a food blogger.

Someone make this car into a decadent cake with a sumptuous interior, so he can eat it already. :cake:

3 Likes

Dorky name. Sounds like one of Zoolander’s faces…Le Tigre, Blue Steel, Magnum and Celestiq.

3 Likes

Fantastiq. :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Maybe we should move this to the cooking thread?

1 Like

300k? Say 320,330 after options.

Who’s going to buy this, it’s the price of a maybach limo with options and then a loaded EQS 580.

Maybe some Uber rich Chinese zillionaire?

2 Likes

Someone on leasehackr :face_with_peeking_eye: :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

If the Bolt flambés never made it there…?

I like it.

Leaked photos

Hope Cadillac doesn’t come after me /s

i see what you did there realization GIF

It looks pretty good from the front 3/4 view. And then you see the rear 3/4 view and… :face_vomiting:

1 Like

What the…?

The thing looks like it’s from freaking Cyberpunk 2077. Can’t wait to see these depreciate.

This confirms my suspicion that GM management has been using crack cocaine for at least several decades. Who makes these decisions?? Who are the yes men in the room nodding their heads???

If they wanted to move upmarket, they could have easily produced this as an SL, 6 series, fighter at 100k 10 years ago. Who is going to pay $300k for a Cadillac that looks like a 55k Lyriq.

4 Likes

It doesn’t make any sense to me, either, but the auto mags are saying that it looks really stunning in person. I don’t know if really stunning in person is going to get anyone to pay $300K for a Cadillac, but, well…

I just think this is totally the wrong car at the wrong time. It’s sort of like the Twentieth Anniversary Mac, IMHO…

Or analogous to the Allanté (although I’m sure the Celestiq will drive very well).

It might sell at $150K.

patiently waiting for clutch deal of the day offering the celestiq at 60% off msrp

1 Like

It’s Bespoke, that means someone is coming out and measuring you so your fit in the seat like a glove…lol

For $300k you can get alot of cars…except for someone from the most expensive retirement home in Florida, idk who is going to buy this, or why someone would buy this

Just like when the Escalade first came out. Rich rock stars and bitcoin millionaires and foreign nationals.