2023 BMW X3. Feeling uncomfortable with numbers. Lost

Yeah I can’t tell if all these are a troll post or not. Everyone is giving you great information if you read it carefully. I would read the above post by IAC_Scott slowly until you get it.

All the answers to “dealer said this, wrote this, offer this, another dealer offer this, same dealer did this 9 things” he answers. “The sheets can say anything”. The dealer can do whatever man. 15k down and 399$ per month…or anything.

~Sal

1 Like

You might take a step back and master how the LH calculator works.

Speaking from experience as a one-time leaser, there’s definitely a learning curve with the calculator, but it’s incredibly liberating once you see and understand how all of the numbers interrelate.

The extra challenge this eliminates from the start is what you’re trying to do now… reverse-engineering these deal sheets and understanding the calculations at the same time, which makes it exponentially harder to grasp.

Start with a generic deal. MSRP with the correct incentives, RV and MF for your region for your target vehicle. Then play around with capitalizing everything. Then look at paying the fees upfront. Watch how the numbers change.

Earlier in the thread you got suggestions to work with a broker. If everything I typed above is more than you want to deal with, well, IMHO you’ve already incurred $600 worth of frustration plus all of your time.

Good luck.

4 Likes

3a7

8 Likes

I wanted to unpack all this for you because I am bored but why does this say Audi FS?

4 Likes

I almost went there. :smiley:

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3

If you feel more comfortable signing that 691 5k deal go for it. No one will stop you, it’s your money at the end of the day. Let us know how it goes.

You seem confused and are getting irritated with people offering you the best possible advice.

I can’t answer your question because I still don’t even know what you’re talking about. Hopefully English is your second language because I have trouble following anything you type on here. Good thing you have “many years finance, many years police, and 4 year degree”.

1 Like

No I didn’t see it anywhere lol

Hopefully this is some help to you. I did my best to replicate the first deal you posted. Here you will see that the “$3,000 Savings” they are giving you is really only $1,500 since BMW is offering a $1,500 loyalty rebate that isn’t dealer discount. BMW is also offering a special 39 month loyalty lease rate, which is supposed to be 0.00125 but I suspect has been marked up to 0.00168. Either that or they are using the standard lease program instead of the loyalty program. About $4311 of your $5,000 in equity goes towards taxes, fees, etc and the remaining $691 is your first month’s payment. At the very least you should insist on the loyalty lease program with the buy rate money factor, along with a better dealer discount. The money factor markup alone is adding around $40 a month to the payment, if that’s what’s actually going on here.

2 Likes

Loyalty rate actually can’t be marked up

Then they must not be using the loyalty program? Base rate is 0.00165 for the standard program, which almost checks out.

Correct, if they are for some reason using the non-loyalty program for a loyal customer, it would be .00165 with allowable markup to .00205 and $1,500 cash.

We have no idea if the OP really has loyalty. His two responses show both Audi and BMW so he first needs to deicde which car he is buying then he can be helped, No?

He says in the OP he’s trading in a 2021 X3 so he has loyalty for sure

1 Like

Do you have any remaining questions?

Respectfully, you are being ignorant if you never spent the time to put a calculator link together using MSRP, your desired selling price and term along with base MF, etc…this way you can see what payment should be and not rely on a dealer confusing you because you really don’t know how to lease.

I’m happy to close the thread if that’s your wish. Let one of us know.

2 Likes

Wow, chill, most people here try to save the clueless thousands of $.

OK, did you post a calculator link? CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

1 Like

But are you getting a good deal?

4 Likes