2023 BMW M5 - 15% under MSRP?

Nope nope nope nope

10char

6 Likes

You know it’s a Herculean task when Curtis says nope.

8 Likes

Got another one at 11%… I should do this for a living :rofl:

4 Likes

Worksheet or it didn’t happen. :eyes:

1 Like

With a marked up MF :pinched_fingers:

6 Likes

You will get your dealers to match it :thinking: :no_mouth:

Don’t have one to match on.

1 Like

Nothing screams “mid-level engineering manager going through a mid-life crisis” more than an over-priced, box-shaped sedan on steroids.

The M5 is a waste.

3 Likes

willing to bet you have nothing.

Imagine what would happen to the industry if everyone just drove a Camry til the wheels fell off.

5 Likes

It’s not terribly hard if you are shopping the entire country, I was just making the point that 15% just mathematically makes no sense.

Replace Camry with Trabant and you’ll find that it’s already been done.

3 Likes

Haha, the most responsible, law-abiding citizen is the Camry driver. They go 5 below the speed limit.

I guess, for starters, there will be a total of 0 traffic violations throughout the country.

Sir, you may be onto something…

2 Likes

Make sure you have the details of the whole deal. Any addons? Marked up MF etc.

This is probably your best opportunity to grab an M5 since BMW will be starting production on the next gen 5 series soon (July I think?)

The problem right now is dealers want to move metal, it the manufacturers and finance arms aren’t playing ball with rates or incentives. Dealers can only cut so deep, if they lose money on every car they’ll have to close their doors.

12-13% might be the bottom for a dealer wants to move it. Supply won’t get replenished until the new model is in production so keep in mind that as inventory gets low, you’ll start running out of dealers and cars in desirable color combos and decent discounts.

2 Likes

Charger Hellcat: I feel targeted. :skull:

2 Likes

Wouldn’t that mean it’s a bad time? Unless people avoid the electrified version but it’ll probably be like everything else, people complain and say it sucks at first and then inevitably end up buying them in hordes.

1 Like

Not in NYC lol. Camry drivers are crazy

7 Likes

Also want to point out that as we’re coming to the end of pricing insanity, M5s have not traditionally held value well. Something else to consider, since it’s very likely that 2 or 3 years from now we’re back to incentives on the hood across the board and selling that M5 may mean taking a big loss

10% ? Thats a find on M5 .13 and 10% is roughly $60-$80 a month, so you in the market for $120k car and $60 makes a difference ? Thats sounds like an issue

6 Likes

The M5 is a wonderful car, I’ve driven one on a track and it’s simply amazing (thank you BMW for the free track day). Having said that, it’s a juiced up 5-series. It’s heavy and doesn’t have a manual transmission etc, so I think we’ll see less complaining about new technology in the upcoming version.

I thought I read that the replacement will have the XM powertrain with a decent horsepower bump. Not sure if I’d buy this one without a steep discount. For 10% more (or whatever the discount is) + the inevitable MSRP bump, I’d rather buy the brand new one and have it looking fresh for several years. If this 2023 M5 was 20%+ off due to incentives, then I’d bite. At 10-12%, why buy the last year before the redesign?

2 Likes