2023 BMW M3 (50th Anniversary or 50 Jahre) Edition

Plus 1. Agreed.

There are better margins to be had on other brands even in the current market.

Everyone here jumps on the same wagon. Overlooks doing their own research and find more lucrative deals.

Dropping 90-100k to make 5 grand is not going to beat 30k to make 5k.

6 Likes

Agreed but as someone who’s wanted to drive a G80 for quite some time, this can be can opportunity to do that and walk clean after a month or two no?

If 2022 G80 MMR is near 100 and this being a 2023 and for some, a more rare version, I see that being a possibility on this car.

Also can’t forget the free luggage, the real reason for all this

3 Likes

Yeh man that’s what I’m saying.

I think at 0-5000 over sticker, its easy to drive for free or close to it.

But it will probably be hard to net more than $5-7000 (assuming original deal at msrp) unless a BMW dealer has a buyer who wants one and it’s already sold type deal.

I don’t think MMR is going to be a good representation of this car (personal views). Dealers who buy them will want to retail them so I truly don’t expect to see much at auction. Especially since 3rd parties cannot pay a BMW lease off.

Edit-

2022 MMR for an m3 comp is 97,200

However I don’t see a transaction on one since 8/18. They had a couple thousand miles. Very few transactions on these in general. Less than 10

5 Likes

Oh god this aged like Hilk, I have a defender and more idiocy if market holds.

Agreed, side note passed that M8GC onto a friend and he made 5 figures so go figure.

Hey Folks -

I decided to pass on my allocation which is currently in “Production Begins” status.

Its Techno Violet with the standard seats and non ceramic brakes.

If anyone in MA or CT would like it for $5000 over sticker (+ $500 broker fee), its yours. I expect it will be arriving in October or early November.

Again, MA or CT registrations only.

Personally, I have no idea if the car will make money. But, I think it is a great opportunity for someone who 1) really wants an m3 and fast at a fair price and 2) wants to drive one for a period of time and get out of it for little to no money.

Thanks!
Mike

6 Likes

At the very least break even imo. Such a cool car to drive for pennies. Great spec, I would have chosen the same.

1 Like

For sure —

Wont find a better enthusiast opportunity. Just not for the flipper.

Next M2 will be made in MEXICO. No thanks, Just buy a used 2020 M2C.

That’s a pretty short-sighted way of looking at it. The plant in Mexico is brand new and arguably should have the most automation along with the latest technology. They’ve been making X3s and X5s for years in Spartanburg, SC without issue, I wouldn’t expect Mexico production to be much different.

In case you didn’t notice, a good number of G20 BMW 3s have Ben rolling off the line in Mexico with no apparent different in fit/finish vs German built cars.

4 Likes

It would look great in the driveway parked next to a Reign Rubicon

I agree, there shouldn’t be much difference in quality either way. Of course all else being equal I would prefer my German cars to be made in Germany and my Japanese cars to be made in Japan, etc. but that is just for the novelty factor of buying an import more than anything else. I am sure if someone in Spain was buying a Corvette, they would prefer it to be made in the USA vs. in Portugal or something. Same thing.

1 Like

I’m on a list for the G87 M2, slightly different market, so hopefully not the same result. :grin:

But man, yours would not be an easy one to pass up. I had posted this months ago, as I was drooling (and I’m not really a wagon guy).

No doubt! ive been super lucky to have some incredible cars this year. But, cant have them all. Some will appreciate this much more than I will.

2 Likes

Oh, I hear ya loud and clear on that one. “which of my fingers would I like to chop off” :joy:

Choosing your opportunity costs (wisely) is often what sets people apart… from those who “make it”, and those who don’t. Doesn’t make it any easier!

Unless you are referring to millions of pennies, I do not think you will be able to drive this car for pennies.

2 Likes

It would be very easy to lease this car for 3-4 months and transfer it for a $5000-6000 whack and effectively drive it for free.

5 Likes

Our unit arrived this morning (yes it is already sold).

10 Likes

Quite surprised this hasnt been scooped up.

1 Like

If I can show that I rent a room in your house, maybe we can make it work :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

As long as you babysit for a few days I have absolutely no problem with that.

6 Likes