2023 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus

Nothing is leasing well today. Porsche offered to lease me another Cayenne for a little less than double what I was paying before

Work from home most days and I have another car.

MMR on the trade is $73800, $6800 more than the $67k OP accepted from the dealer. Not saying he could’ve gotten the full $6800 difference but there might have been some meat left on that bone.

2 Likes

While I admire back and forth here on the total cost vs payment, I’m genuinely happy at least one now-known person listened and took equity as a check into a bank account.

7 Likes

Bigger question for me is how do you like your SQ5 vs the Cayenne?

Figure the $10k equity gets divided over the next few years this idiotic market takes to get back to normal, and OP comes out just fine IMO.

The Porsche in my opinion handled well but wasn’t quick off the line at all. The interior was nice though. I had the e-hybrid and if I had to do it all over again back in 2019, I would have gotten the Cayenne S.

The SQ5 is faster and much more fun to drive, but it isn’t as plush on the inside as the Cayenne.

I would argue that an SQ5 wouldn’t typically be compared with a Cayenne. It is smaller, cheaper, has significantly less towing capacity, etc. In terms of size, I would have to go with a Q7 or above for Audi. The Q5’s (and below) look puny and like a girl’s suv IMO.

For the Cayenne - have you had much experience with the previous gen’s 3.6? I wouldn’t claim it to be crazy fast, but I found that to be adequate for the vehicle. I believe the new 3.0 has more hp on paper, but I’ve yet to drive one…

I think Audis are great but I hate the steering wheel. it’s got such an odd shape. I’ve recently driven A4 (s-line fwiw) A6 and Q3 (yes not in the same grouping as an actual S, but still). Car is great, infotainment is fine, handling is okay (it’s extremely responsive, I preferred the BMW/MB steering feeling which are a little less responsive), but the wheel shape is just uncomfortable to hold onto…

Definitely not saying the Cayenne and SQ5 are comparable. Probably SQ5 and Macan S are more comparable.

Had Q7 back in 2017 and it felt and drove like a mini van. Hated it, put it up on leasetrader after a year and it’s why I got the Cayenne.

Never drove any other Cayenne except my 2019 so I don’t have any experience with other engines. For my old car, my guess is that the extra weight from the battery might have impacted the performance?

Agree, the Macan would be better suited as a contender. I would take the Macan S over the SQ5 any day of the week.

I don’t believe I have driven one, but I could see that as a possibility… from looking at the vehicle.

Hmmm, it may just be the lack of a great “butt dyno”; the Cayenne maybe performs too well for the driver to recognize the quickness?

I wouldn’t call any of the Cayenne trims slow. Also, the E-Hybrid is quicker than the S model IIRC.

Looked at a Macan S but the lease was insane…more than my Cayenne. No thanks!

My view on what’s fast at the time was clouded by the fact that I had a BMW M550 at the same time I had my Cayenne and it wasn’t even close. M550 was insane compared to the Porsche.

Congrats on the deal and the trade equity. Crazy that a P+ can go up to $70k+, that thing must have every option except the actual prestige lights or whatever.

1 Like

Yeah, Porsche leases aren’t the cheapest. :laughing: I toyed with the idea of getting the Macan S also. Without having much seat time, I’m not sure if the power would be enough to keep me interested for a couple of years.

Picking up a 2-3 year old CPO is the way for many models, if you’re looking to get a bang for your buck. The S’s will do decent, but I know the GTS’s really hold their value.

The M550…the M5’s shadowed brother…great car.

I believe they put a few of the Prestige options into the P+ for 2023 including the B&O sound system. Prestige was $3,500 more I believe but residual was lower by 3 or 4 pts so I just optioned out the P+ and it was cheaper price and lease wise in the end. Go figure.

Not bad if you like the car. The reason you got a check was because of Porsche. Audis, bmws, mb aren’t getting many checks these days. Comparing an sq5 to cayenne anything is also a stretch. Sq5 is on the vw Tiguan platform, has fake exhaust holes on the rear valence, etc. Why not pick up a used macan instead? You would probably make money on it compared to the 900 payment for a lease on the sq5. How does it ride compared to the cayenne, too big of a jump if it were me. Good luck nice car though.

Used car prices are still inflated, IMO. Have you ever owned a Porsche and gotten an oil change? It is not cheap ; could be $300+.

With leasing a new car, OP gets a few benefits:

1. Not having to worry about fluctuating car values, since the RV is pre-determined.
  2. Since OP got Audicare, they won’t have to spend any money out of pocket for oil changes.

Not sure how you are calculating that OP would have made money off buying a used Porsche. Feel free to share your reasoning.

As far as the monthly, see my previous comment below.

At the end of the day, all that matters is that OP is happy with the car and the deal.

1 Like

Porsches hold value better than other luxury brands. Porsches can come with paid service plans like OP purchased. Justification for RV comes at $900 per month. What’s the good deal here?

Sure, most purchased Porsches hold their value.

As I stated earlier, there were no manufacturer or other incentives included in the deal. Audis do not normally lease well. Same with Porsches.

There were some East Coast brokers advertising 10% off MSRP. However, if you include shipping plus the broker fee, the initial cost savings might not have been worth it.

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

I could have bought out my Porsche for $57K. But to CPO it for 2 years plus sales tax, that’s $11k right there on top of the buyout or most of the equity I got back.

Porsche service is $650 for an oil change and not even sure what they cost when things really need to be replaced.

The SQ5 used to lease really well pre- Covid. I pulled my emails from December 2019 when I worked on a SQ5 and etron deal. My SQ5 deal back then was mid- 60s car for very low 500s per month with 2K DAS