2023 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus

They’re a quick litmus test to roughly work out what isnt out of the realm of possibility.

1 Like

He got about 4K that maybe wasn’t his cash based on the info, so his effective payment is about $110 lower.

Yeah my philosophy is that the big dealerships in CA should be able to at least match most of the deals advertised by east coast brokers. I’m not taking a deal that has lower discount.

A couple of factors to take into account:

1. It is a highly spec’d SQ5 at $71k
  2. No incentives on this deal

When I leased my A6 last year (I know it is a different car + different market), there were a total of $8500 in incentives. $5500 was from the manufacturer.

I believe there is a $1500 loyalty incentive on certain models this month. However, it does not appear OP had loyalty. If that was the case, they would have saved about $41.xx per month.

I think OP did okay on the new car, but scored big with a $10k equity check.

2 Likes

The lowest sales tax rate in California is 7.25%. So it is over a $1,000 a month.

Read the original post again. I’m at $889 pre tax

2 Likes

$889/mo for 36 months with $2700 das is a total cost of $33815. Thats $939/mo before tax. Money upfront doesnt just not exist.

DAS was Tax, license and first month. It’s the cost you’d have to pay if you want to drive a car. Bank fee in deal. But who’s counting? :rofl:

Yes, its a cost you have to pay, which is why it’s included in the cost…

8 Likes

But he’s at 1% without $2,700

2 Likes

I think the forest is being missed for the trees here.

If OP is happy with the overall deal then that’s what matters. They’re the ones paying for it. They’re the ones who have to drive the car, not us.

8 Likes

While everyone here is arguing if the payment of $9xx includes tax or not, I’m here wondering how the hell I’m ever going to be able to land another cheap fart car again :grimacing:

8 Likes

Damage disclosures and keeping up with a vigilant retailer of fine German automobiles are your key to success. :eyes:

1 Like

The full amount of the equity is not an offset to the monthly or total cost. The extra amount that was received above other offers could be considered as lowing the cost, but not the full amount of the equity.

The first thing I learned when I found Leasehackr in 2016 was that Audis generally do not lease well. That still seems to be true today.

etron was the great exception early last year but only because it happened right before a massive surge in the used market.

For reference, my deal from a year ago on a $70k Audi was at an effective payment of $674/month. That included Audicare and it was for 12k miles a year.

Without incentives, my effective payment would have been a whopping $927/month.

When the etrons came out in 2019 they were practically giving them away. You could get a 77K etron for 5xx /month.

While everyone here is fighting over the payment amount…I’m asking how he’s going to stay under 7500 miles a year in Socal. How do you do it?

1 Like

Wfh. I wouldnt be able to do it, but some can.

Alos, LA commutes are like 5 miles, but 2 hours.

2 Likes

Some have atypical commutes.

3 Likes