2023 Acura MDX Type S Advanced Lease Confused!

And remember at the 18 month mark, if you find out it isn’t such a bad ride overall, you can extend it to 24 months and stretch out all those fees :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes - great point! Is it true that some manfucaturers “just don’t allow lease extensions”? Or is that really dependent on what the manufacturer is allowing when your lease is ending?

This. But it’s not the manufacturer, it’s the captive who decides.

Maybe I am bad at sarcasm, but extending short term leases is generally worse than extending long term leases. Its not linear.

You’re not bad at sarcasm, I’m just dumb and wasn’t thinking. It seems in this market that the smartest thing to do at lease end is either turn it in, or if you have equity, buy it out and keep the car or sell for a profit. Does that seem about right, assuming you have equity?

Personally I would do research on the potential value you would get at selling, and then bring that information to the dealer to negotiate with them on a new lease and using your equity as a down payment. Moving equity to your new lease is a lot easier than flipping a car, so figuring out the full financial impact and then weighing that against your time / peace of mind is best. Don’t forget tax implications too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.