2023 Acura MDX Type S Advanced Lease Confused!

First time leaser here and confused. I have a 2023 Acura Type S Advanced priced at $74,500. The dealership is proposing the following: $8k down, 48 months @ 15k miles with payments of $1187 + tax.

Does this sound like an OK deal? Do you believe there’s any wiggle room here? Comments/ direction?

You haven’t specified what vehicle you’re talking about.

First step in this is to always forget anything the dealer has said and put together a target deal. What should the lease be based on the current lease programs, market selling prices, etc?

2 Likes

That’s crazy that an MDX can reach such a high MSRP.

3 Likes

Basic math can be a good place to start :grin:

48 x $1200 = $57600

plus $8000 down payment = $65600

Ask yourself if paying $65k for 4 years of usage on a $75k car makes sense

24 Likes

No idea a non-NSX Acura could reach an MSRP that high, even if it’s a type S.

2 Likes

This! I figured I’m either missing something or?

Nah, it’s just a ridiculously bad deal.

3 Likes

Read leasing 101. If you’re still confused check with a broker in the marketplace

4 Likes

Good thing you came here before this crime of deal was signed. Read about basics of leasing and try again.

5 Likes

Have you looked into X5 m50? I feel like those can be leased for similar to this. This is a terrible deal.

You probably won’t want to pay for one but there are several brokers here who can most likely give you a better deal.

@Omegaautogroup @certifiednick and even @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto probably has something better than this.

3 Likes

Well, at least you asked first.

2 Likes

I’ve reached out to one of them. I don’t mind paying them if it’s going to save some $. Thank you for your suggestions.

1 Like

I mean there are just too many variables here we don’t know, so we can’t tell you how bad this actually is. Are they selling over MSRP, is it stuffed with a few thousand dollars worth of dealer add ons, are they marking up the money factor? Possibly yes, yes, yes.

Selling at MSRP, no dealer add ons. Money factor? No clue here. I walked out of the dealer; they were broad stroking numbers ($800 payment) then went up to this. Credit is 838 so it’s not a credit issue.

Reach out to all 3, each serves different dealers (I HOPE) and would have a different selection.

2 Likes

At least there’s no dealer addon :rofl: I just can’t imagine paying 75k for a MDX. Leasing it is even a bigger crime.

3 Likes

Are you set on the MDX? You could get another vehicle

I’m not set on an MDX. Open to suggestions.

X5 40i with M sport. I think payment will be less
I don’t know a lot about the MDX type-s but the TLx- type s doesn’t seem that great of a performance vehicle