2023 7-Series - is this really happening?

People start with looking at the exterior and if it doesn’t work for them they don’t even look inside. BRING ON the $700, 7 SERIES DEALS!!!

6 Likes

At ~$700/mo I would definitely drive it. The front aesthetics is a lot to take in, but I love the interior (and motor :yum:) of this spec: Obviously, this particular one would be absolutely absurd at $700/mo.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/c9eacf01-2c99-4b3d-adb3-bccaefca9fd6/

I remember during that bonanza the Alpina B7 was $1,400 and the 760i was around $1200-1300 so not quite there.

2 Likes

frontpage chances GIF

All black outside, with blacked out features and black wheels…hides all the ugly weird stuff except lights and then you open the doors.

3 Likes

It’s the same trick with the m3. Just black it all out

I was initially referring to the i7. I’ve seen some 7 series on the ground, but the i7 is showroom model only right now. I’ve got one incoming very soon but think I’m going to pass given the 53% residual on a 140k car with 0 incentive means 7k upfront in taxes for NY.

2 Likes

Can confirm after seeing it in person that the exterior is marginally nicer than in pictures. Still falls under the category of atrocious for me though. The interior, on the other hand, is impressive.

Just doesn’t look German to me anymore….

Also the door handles are ugly imo.

1 Like

I like the doorhandles, I saw one in person at Galleria Mall this weekend, and it wasn’t bad at all. Interior is nice but the new infotainment is going to have to adjust.

1 Like

They don’t look manicured to me. Basically just a hole in the door. They could have made it much more seamless and streamlined looking.

I mean I prefer the Taycan and new body S class door handles, but the old one was pretty conventional, and this is at least… different.

If I can get one for anywhere near the old bodystyle blowout in a year or two - I’m down. Ill find a loaner with the most unique (ugliest) spec possible and see where it goes from there.

2 Likes

Lol. If I could blindfold myself until getting inside the car every time, I might be there with you.

This monstrosity just screams “I have shit taste” or “I couldn’t afford an S-class”

1 Like

I would disagree about it not being German - the rear screams German to me and the side profiles have evident design elements as well. Overall, it is a nice enough car - particularly the interior. I’m not sure if I would say that I am able to tolerate the front end, or if I hate it. It is definitely unique (albeit ugly to many), but I like that aspect of it.

I will side with @max_g. Although I like this 7-series, it doesn’t hold a candle to the overall level of luxury the S-class provides.

1 Like

is this rallye bmw?

Sure looks like it from the first 3 pics

Lol yes it is.

Also saw this

2 Likes

Looks like a GMC Terrain with an even more hideous grille and bumper.

4 Likes

It almost seems like BMW is trolling us with these designs.

3 Likes