2022 Tesla Model Y LR | $69k | 2800 mi

Hi fellow hackers,

Sorry if I’m posting in the wrong category but got a strange situation at hand. Bought a 22 model Y three months ago and love it but my wife is getting sick every time we use it for a drive. Apparently it’s quite common for people who have motion sickness. Got no other option but to sell it and look for a ICE car.

Details:
Model - Tesla model Y, AWD long range
Color - Red
Wheels - 20” induction wheels
Mileage - 2800
Condition - Looks brand new
Accessories - mobile connector
Price - 69k
Location - Seattle

I know there is a long wait to get the car nowadays and I’m not looking to make any profit but just get back what I paid for it a couple of months back. Losing 6k in sales tax already. I’ll add photos tomorrow.

Message me if you need any more details.

Please follow our Review Page Guideline:

1 Like

Have you tried turning off regen braking? Also, does she feel sick only as passenger or when she also drives it?

You cannot turn off regen braking. That feature was disabled for some reason. I’ve heard a lot of complaints about this including my wife, but most people do get used to it.

1 Like

Disabling CREEP MODE might do the trick for your wife.

2 Likes

Both of my children had the same issue with our MY. The suspension tuning is awful on those. I don’t want a race track suspension tuning on a day-to-day crossover SUV. We traded it in for an Audi E-Tron and never looked back.

1 Like

Try driving one with the base wheels which has more sidewall.

1 Like

There’s always another option - trade the wife :rofl:!

But seriously, many Tesla owners say that passenger motion sickness comes down to how the driver handles the one-pedal driving. Our brains are simply used to the feeling of coasting. Gentler and easing off the pedal can make a huge difference.

You can also turn off one-pedal driving in other EV such as the Ford MME

The suspension on these suck. I do recommend using chill mode. Helped a bit with my wife.

1 Like

I wish there was an option to downgrade the performance wheels to skip the 21s. Once the tires wear out I’ll be looking to downsize significantly to get bigger side walls.

I always get sick in Teslas, but can ride in racecars fine. I really think it is the one pedal driving and lack of hesitation when pressing the pedal

Even with regen, you should be able to feather the “gas” pedal to mimic coasting to a stop just like in an ICEV.

1 Like

apparently the drivers ive been with arent good at that

There is no wait to get these right now.

You need to be searching for a dealer to trade this into, potentially generating a tax savings.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I have tried several of them and nothing has helped yet.

Will go to a dealer and just trade it in I guess.

I assume demand is low for these right now, since it appears they will qualify for the $7,500 Federal tax credit beginning in January 2023.

1 Like

One pedal can be tuned down using Abstract Ocean’s SXY buttons (Bluetooth based that sends CANbus signals). Tesla no longer provides an option via UI.

As for resale… Y values have plummeted. I suspect you will only get sub $65K at most… probably even looking at low $60s

1 Like