2022 silverado numbers dont seem right

Looking to lease a 2022 silverado trailboss LT out wilmington delaware.
Msrp. $61400
Gms price $55811
Trade in $2347
Rebates $3671

If my math is correct makes final sales price $49793

Residual value is $38068

They quoted me 657.87 + 13.10 in taxes.
This number seems really high. Any thoughts.

Can you post your filled out calculator showing how you got to what you think your numbers should be?

Those the numbers directly from the dealer. From my paper copy

Fill this out.

1 Like

You said the numbers seem really high. What ahould they be based on those inputs?

The difference between final sale price and residual is around $11000. $657x 36 months coes out to around $24000. That is $13000 in interest. That 13000 is what is not making sense to me.

Dont forget fees and taxes as well. With that said, what should the rent charge br based on the current programs?

I alsocwouldnt be surprised if the dealer’s price includes the incentives already.

The taxes are an additional 13.10/mo. Doc fee $75. Other fees around 600. Less than $100/month difference. Not sure what the money factor/interest rate is. Dealers dont like to give that out. That is what im asking. By my math it seems like the intetest is 9%. My credit score is above 750.

Having current, accurate information for residual value, money factor, and incentives is important in understanding your deal. As such, going directly to a source that has access to that data from the captive banks is your best option.

Rate Findr has that information, as they have direct access to it from the captive banks. It’s a tool on the Leasehackr Calculator, available to Super Supporters.

Can you post the dealers worksheet? I highly doubt the doc fee is only $75. It’s not that low anywhere in the US, let alone an uncapped state like DE.

It could be the market. Nissan has 8% on Frontier for top credit and it goes downhill from there.

Or could be like Mazda subsidized rate close to 1%.

So it is very possible for rent charge to be that higher these days but you need to know for sure what MF is. Ask the dealership what MF they are using and then compare to base rate found either here in rate finder or forums.edmunds.com

Pretty sure DE’s “tax” line item is minimal but there’s a document fee payable to the state that’s 4.25% of the selling price.

Dealers fees are separate and additional to that.

You really should put the time in and learn how to populate calculator to understand your payment…but it looks to me like MF is being cranked up 3% or so over buy rate.

2 Likes

They’re not showing a number of fees there. Doesnt list the acqusition fee or any of them gov fees.

Delaware charges a “documentation fee” @ dmv equivalent to 4.25% of purchase price, plus usage tax

My best shot at your calculator, looks like a MF markup.

Base MF is over 5% but you should verify this on 2022 Chevrolet Silverado Lease Deals and Prices - Page 8 — Car Forums at Edmunds.com for your model, location, and lease terms. Just ask the mods.

Otherwise I’m sure they are giving you the GMS discount but then cranking up the MF on the backend to make all that money back. In my experience the dealers that slip this by you are typically the ones that are most difficult to work with. If they are willing to give you base MF and GMS then take the deal as you likely will not find any better.

Thank you. I signed up for so i can look at the rates. So i was able to use the calculator. If the mf and residual is accurate looks like the dealer adjusted both.

Thank that was my thought.