2022 Nissan Leaf Price Drop & Current Regional Lease Deal (updated)

, , ,

I do show a few in transit to Irvine and Tustin.
More than likely already on Deposit for someone.

1 Like

Within 100 miles from me using the Nissan Inventory Search I have 23 In Transit and 3 on lots already. Itā€™s only a few weeks until people start taking advantage of these deals.

Better start talking to your friends at Nissan before spreading negativity in the forums.

I found those in Tustin but apparently theyā€™re taking reservations, the Sā€™s are spoken for and marked up to 129/month, good but at that rate itā€™s more a purchase than lease for me.

Announcing this Leaf lease deal now is a brilliant move by Nissan Marketing and PR teams. They have garnered millions in earned media in the automotive press, news coverage, blogs, and forums like LH. Itā€™s a good tee up to refresh their EV chops as the Ariya will drop in CY 2022. If Nissan waited until cars were available, many potential buyers would have already gone for other EV or ICE options.

Iā€™ve always admired the Leaf for being one of the first mass produced full EVs in the U.S., and the second? after EV1 to be built in the U.S. Yes, itā€™s fugly but itā€™s also very practical for city driving. With that in mind plus the tax credit, Iā€™m strongly considering a purchase or lease to replace my PZEV plug-in car.

2 Likes

My nissan friends sell leafs for $2k over list. They donā€™t live in fictional LH dream worlds of ā€œdealer contributionā€ and ā€œwhat would this look like if it was discounted by this much?ā€

The reason I sold leafs for $37/month in January was because there were too many of them and Nissan threw stupid amounts of incentives on them. Thatā€™s no longer the case - dealers are using the Charge-Up NJ money to get people to buy EVs over list. You can bet that people are paying it, too. Hell - brokers on this forum are doing the same. Itā€™s not negativity - itā€™s basic supply and demand.

8 Likes

The inventory shortages have exacerbated things but I love/hate the fact that I was 100% right when I told people that this program was going to go to $#!T the second that dealers were able to apply the money themselves.

2 Likes

i donā€™t. i prefer to sell them for $37 and still make good moneyā€¦

3 Likes

I definitely wasnā€™t talking about you in particular. A lot of it is the customerā€™s fault too in these situations. Such strange times we are living in. The thought of marking up a Leaf (or any EV) just a few months ago?

So now we are labeling nationally advertised deals as ā€œunicornsā€? Cā€™mon, people! Do we need a new term to describe something that actually is rare? And unicorns are plentiful and roaming the plains in herds?

2 Likes

essentially, yes, we would have to put a paper bag over it ā€¦ But I am not sure what/where the deal is. Not seen any dealers with 2022 yet in MAā€¦

Senwia got a 4xE, which has two possibilities: 1) Unicorns donā€™t exist, 2) See a herd of unicorns at the next 4xE meetupā€¦(and yes, we can indeed roam the plains).

I knew it would do that the second you report it was changed to in-state dealerships only.

Original language didnā€™t have that restrictionšŸ˜€

1 Like

Just because itā€™s nationally advertised doesnā€™t mean itā€™s possible though haha. Letā€™s see if anyone actually finds one at this price.

3 Likes

Oh geez, we just signed a 2021 base S modalā€¦ :woozy_face:

Yea but how was the deal? If it was decent, and the MY22s may not actually be sold near this price for awhile, then why be sad about it.

I thought it was decent number for a basic ā€œcarā€ in this current marketā€¦ it was $0 DAS and $200(included tax) a month, 24/10k lease in CA .

3 Likes

That is a great deal in this market. Thatā€™s $192 effective including tax, tags, fees. Thatā€™s only about $16 more a month than what the MY22 deal is assuming dealer sells it for MSRP (I wouldnā€™t expect the 4% dealer discount for in transit cars).

1 Like

Do I get a special badge for having this thread I started being featured in a LeaseHackr article :joy:

7 Likes

You get ā€œDid you really have to go there?ā€ BadgešŸ˜‚

1 Like