2022 Nissan Frontier S 18month 10k lease $195 a month 195 DAS

You’re no Christie Smythe, I can tell you that much :rofl:

I’ve made detailed notes tattoo’s on my soul! The burn :fire: left from a ratchet car dealer is like no other :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: — now it’s like a game, bring it on fast talker lol

This is where I got tricked. I had a 36 month lease with Toyota $298. I was made $400 a month offer on the Frontier with a 36 month lease in mind thinking that sounded good! But then before we went over terms my car insurance was an issue so I spent an hour on hold dealing with car insurance, mind you it’s now two hours past closing. Once that was squared up “here sign $400 at 18 months”. I paused and questioned “18 months? Never heard of such a lease? Since when? Oh yes your total payments will be $7,200. Really??? ok I’m not sure how you did that but it sounds good to me!” And my dumbass signed knowing everyone just wanted to go home— I will never ever again give a crap about a car dealers family life :woman_shrugging::joy::raised_hands:

1 Like

Ugghhh and seeing the rent fees at $4900 on top of everything else smh… they were out for blood. My salesman is still on his 80 day trial period & he had never done a lease before so he was just as confused as I was— that’s pretty low when a dealership will manipulate their employees and customers —- I was ready to flood this kid with referrals because he was so genuine and I could tell he was struggling to learn and please the customer at the same time. I talked to him via Facebook messenger so I have proof and confirmed evidence of what he and I both understood during negotiations so I’m going to give the dealer a chance to make things right… I’ve only had the truck in my possession for two days so wish me blessings and kindness :joy::pray::joy:

1 Like

A lot of blessings on this one. Take this as a learning opportunity to never let this happen again.

With your equity, this car should’ve been free for you to drive for 18 months, plus the dealer still cutting you a check at signing to cover gas for 18 months.

Post a pic atleast . We like to see pictures of cars

1 Like

I’ll post pics later on today… I’ve been up all night with a pit of fire in my tummy but I’m slowly digesting it and turning it into a superpower— best advice ever — acceptance :relieved:

It’s actually quite common for high RV leases to be mostly rent charge. Nissan Leaf is another one and MINI leases back in the day IIRC.

1 Like

I’m just figuring that part out with thanks to the finance company for explaining it. I went back to the dealer and was treated like dirt! The general sales manager smirked at me, slapped his chest, and let me know my trade-in was his score now. Can you believe the nerve??? I mean telling me no is one thing but the smug attitude was grounds for formal complaints up the chain! I reported the “unfair” sale to NMAC and they were very kind and concerned. I spoke to two different agents and they both treated me like I’m human. I have a call into a lawyer for a feel consultation but in the end I get more satisfaction telling everyone that compliments my new ride not to buy one from Walters Nissan/Toyota! :woman_shrugging: All they needed to do was adjust my payments to 36 months at the agreed monthly payment & I would of been happy and we both would be winners but hey some dealers have no soul, period.

Doesn’t really work like that unfortunately

2 Likes

Agreed, he started to try to haggle me into 36 month lease, as soon as he said with increased monthly payments I was done. I left went over to another building and asked the employees if there was a corporate number because I had a complaint. The employees told me the sales manager was the owner lol wow… So I called NMAC and filed a formal complaint, next I’m calling Toyota since they robbed me for my Camry and I’m posting reviews on local sites sharing my experience, with class. I have a email into a lawyer but we shall see if the lawyer thinks I have a case. My text message log is pretty damning with the original sales man but I think I’ll let karma get him. Hiring a lawyer just causes bad energy and I’m over it. I think it helped confronting him in front of his employees and letting him know that’s he has no soul, he’s a crook, and ought he to be ashamed of himself. The most satisfying element was the look on his staffs face :joy: he’s the boss nobody really like the guy-- it’s obvious to me now :joy: laughter is good for the soul!

1 Like

Im not sure what youre going to sue for. You were given a lease contract that spelled out the lease in detail and you agreed to it.

I would take a day to cool off and reconsider. I don’t think this will go the way you want it to. I got involved in this community after also getting a bad deal on a lease and it hasnt happened again. Take comfort in knowing its only 18 months.

5 Likes

I get you think you have changed something but you didn’t. You said your piece and move one. They won’t change. Fish rotten from the head they say. All those sales people already aware of everything and mostly applauded him for his behaviour w you as that was a “win” with lots of $ to go around for everyone.

That dealership will continued to exist because of general low level financial education of people.

Bit yo can also leave has online reviewes for one AND I think you may find a way to submit sales review. The one in the dealership they always also for 10 so they can get their commission.

Getting low score on that reicew will actually have monetary repricassion for the dealership.

2 Likes

If a dog bites a man- it’s not news, if a man bites a dog–it’s breaking news. They don’t call them stealerships for no reason lol. Had you walked into any dealership–not just the one you walked in to-- they would’ve done the exact same thing to you, regardless of the brand, chain, etc.

As many LHers have suggested, best to treat this as a learning lesson. At least you caught on, there are people out there that are on lease #12 which they’ve been ripped off on, yet they are basking in blissful ignorance. 1 bad lease at the end of the day is nbd.

Looking at some of your responses, I’d urge you to be a bit more introspective here, as only you-yourself could have prevented the dealer from doing this to you. Dogs bite.

2 Likes

I definitely realized this and I have learned so much from this experience with the help of this forum. Contracts from Toyota in my experience are clean and clear, itemized line by line. My last lease I had a human for a salesman who actually got annoyed that the sales manager kept sending him to renegotiate. He got a point where he just sat with me and told me what they were doing and that he was just pretending to haggle me :joy: he was a really good dude but like you said they are called stealership for a reason… I was treated with kindness last time, this time I was treated like scrum. I do love the truck so I will enjoy it while I have it. Funny, I had a repair man come by earlier and told him what happened and he cringed when I told him who I felt with. He told me they are the worst in town and the most shady sells people in our area… the locals know what’s up — at the end of the day I’ll live. No need to sue, I have seen karma in action many times in my life :heart: God is good :relieved:

Are you talking about the contract, which is pretty much standardized by state, or the lease breakdown they use during negotiation?

Only one of those actually matters and should be almost identical between toyota and nissan.

Good for you! I haven’t seen much of that in my life. And learned that life isn’t fair. Some people are able to get away with bad things.

2 Likes

I have a Frontier as well and as someone who had never dealt with Nissan dealers before, I was blown away at how slimy and unprofessional many of them were. One of them even showed a fake destination charge on top of the full factory msrp with (their destination fee) of the car in one case. It’s the name of the game with this brand unfortunately so don’t take it too personally.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how to answer this because I was in California when I leased the Camry but on the Eastern side of the nation when I bought the Frontier. Toyotas lease agreement was about 10-15 pages printed off a computer. The Nissan contract was preprinted and sectioned off by boxes. I was lost trying to understand it at first. Some YouTubers helped me read it/understand it better and well now I’m a pro :joy:

This is true but I also believe that when one intentionally causes harm to another that it will come back and bite them when they lease expect it… I’m not privileged karma bitten my bum too… :innocent: