2022 Nissan Frontier S 18month 10k lease $195 a month 195 DAS

Thank you for all your help!!

1 Like

I just leased a 2022 Nissan Frontier Sv 4x4 at $400 a month for 18 months and it was the last one on the lot. I fell in love yet definitely feel like they screwed me in the end. We shall see. Toyota Financial seems to have the best lease agreements and so far Nissan appears extremely ridged about their rules.

Impossible to tell from the final payment.

Maybe you paid more on the selling price, maybe you didnā€™t.

Taxes, RV, MF, etc ?

$7,200 after 18 payments at $400 a month
I paid over $8,000 trade-in at sign in
I now see a $4,500 rent fee??? When I leased my Camry the rent fee was $14! Over 36 months.
Residual on the Frontier is $37,000 buy out
MSRP was about $44,000

What did you trade in that had $8000 of negative equity?

1 Like

I had positive equity

The frontier lease has a ridiculously higher residual value and a ridiculously high money factor. The lease is largely made up of rent charge.

So youā€™re paying $844/mo effective for a frontier?

Are you sayijng youre paying $400/mo in addition to $8000 in equity put down?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m seeing now. Itā€™s all rent. I am paying $400 a month for 18 months in rent. I got robbed out of the positive equity that I earned on my trade in which was a 2019 Camry.

Yes!thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™m saying

Im sorry to hear that.

5 Likes

Me tooā€¦ Iā€™m a single mother and I told them this. Iā€™m also a student. I came in telling them I wanted my payments the same as my Camry and it was after closingā€” they rushed me, didnā€™t go over the agreement in detail as they did they last time I leased and wow just wow! This is dirty :cry::exploding_head::triumph:

My condolences :frowning: in this market, you couldā€™ve been driving a tesla or a good M sport X3

1 Like

The biggest piece of advice i can offer moving forward is this:

Never talk numbers with a dealer without alteady knowing what your deal should be. Youre talking to them to find someone to do your deal, not to figure iut what something should lease for.

Unfortunately, there generally is no cooling off period on a lease to back out of this and nissan makes selling leases very, very difficult. On the bright side, this is only 18 months, so while your equity is gone, at least youre not stuck woth the payment for long.

When it comes time to try to find a replacement for this vehicle, be sure to come here before signing rather than after. There isnt much we can do to help now other than tell you what you did wrong, which never feels good, especially while the wound is fresh.

9 Likes

Learn from it! Educate yourself so next time you will get a great deal. After that continue to get more great deals as finances is a skill set. Once you master it, teach your kids so they will be more well prepared. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you all for your dialog. This has been a painful lesson but a valuable lesson nonetheless! I will educate my children and anyone else I can. Iā€™m grateful that I did not discover what happened at the end of my lease and God forbid I made the mistake of a lease extension at a surprise increase at $833 a month :face_holding_back_tears: I am so blessed to have discovered this forum and so grateful for this discussion :raised_hands::pray::raised_hands::pray::raised_hands::heart:

Any extensions would be at the contractual monthly payment which is $400. Either way, probably not a lease youā€™d want to extend.

Out of curiosity, why did you not buy out your Camry at the end of the lease?

PS: everyone makes at least one big automotive mistake at some point in their lives. Just vow to make it your last.

3 Likes

Sorry it happened. I think one of the best lessons Iā€™ve learned on this site is to never show up to dealership unless all the numbers are finalized.

Also keep your trade and lease separate.

1 Like

Iā€™m a dumbass! :joy: I knew I should have bought that car and looked for a truck afterwards. I knew I was getting burned but I just couldnā€™t pin point where $8000 went :joy: I was certain the dealer pocketed my equity which they absolutely did ā€” unfortunately it took my a day of research to understand the damn contract to realize a simple math problem solved. I kept computing $400 18 months $7200 thatā€™s a great deal but whereā€™s my equity? There was a lot of numbers double talk which confused me. Oh boy, lesson learned! Iā€™m grateful I learned this and it wasnā€™t terribly painfulā€” Iā€™m ouch! That hurts but I do love the truck and Iā€™ll enjoy it for 18 months & the go get me another Toyota & no get duped ever again :joy: at least I can focus on other things now and move on ā€” yā€™all rock for your wisdom and emotional support! Much love and empathy to all :pray::heart::raised_hands:

3 Likes