2022 Lexus LX - Thrills with Grilles

That grille :joy_cat:

https://www.caranddriver.com/lexus/lx

Looks sweet to me. Better than all these huge flat blocky truck fronts you are seeing recently. Too bad there will be an insane wait and premium on these for quite a while. They never were a deal before I cannot imagine what premiums they will command for 2022.

Can someone ask the Chinese to stop buying cars?

7 Likes

Hideous looking front end for an suv. Imagine how many people this design goes through before approval. Mind boggling…

It’s not any worse than that bmw monstrosity

1 Like

i think i just threw up in my mouth. also, the BeaverW grille is ugly.

1 Like

Does it really need 6 screens too? Reminds me of when Homer Simpson designs a car with a bunch of horns. “You can never find the horn when you’re mad!”

2 Likes

It’s a shame it’s not better looking. Overall it seems like an impressive offering from lexus.

Somewhat of a consolation for North America not getting the new Land Cruiser.

To be fair, it doesn’t look as heinous in the side view IMO. That image above isn’t the most flattering angle.

1 Like

I’d say the side profile looks worse lol. I don’t care for the rounded curves…gives too much of a crossover/van taste.

3 Likes

3 Likes

You mean West Taiwan?

1 Like

Can just throw a steel bumper on it. Kits for the 2016+ look pretty good.

New Toyotas and Lexus are starting to look very similar. This looks like an Avalon on roids.

A Lexus LX resembling another Toyota product…shocking! :rofl:

1 Like

All about the badge not the design…duh

Lana Del Rey Yes GIF

1 Like

Arabs love them too. I’ve been a passenger in more LX, Landcruisers, and Patrols than anything else except a taxi.

1 Like

Yah, but China has enough volume to drive design decisions

1 Like

RIP Mitsubishi Pajero.