2022 Jeep Rubicon 4xe Lease Deal I made

This is huge advice let me find that info for you.

u dont know what you bought? like seriously you dont know what you paid $4k for?

Dealers usually bitch about cancelling such plans because they are lucrative but if they give you shit, tell them they already fucked you over by 12K, they dont need the extra 4k.

What warranty could you possibly need on a new car lease?

There is one last thing you can do. Pray to whichever deity you believe in that the contract doesnā€™t gets funded, and the dealer asks you to come back and re-sign. In which case you can return the vehicle and walk away scot free from this nightmare

2 Likes

Go-Fund-Dealer-buy-a-new-boat warranty

Alright buddy i found it

Service contract $1595 30,000
Smart auto windshield $499
Lojack $995
Raidiant ride $995

Im able to cancel any of these with in the 30 days?

Service should be. Not sure about the others. Go talk to the dealer. Take a bag of sweets and candy. Ask them nicely. If they are willing to refund cancel.

Lojack and raidiant might not be cancelable but im not sure.

Ice Cube Movie GIF

8 Likes

What dealer did you purchase at?

1 Like

Well this was fun and thank you guys for the conversation. Seem like the majority vote was 5k over which sucks but it was a lesson learned. This forum was very useful as i will use this tool for my next purchase. I will also be spreading this website to others as we can stop the same mistake from happening. Only a small few sees the bigger Picture on how the power wagon was hurting the pockets. I could have Orderā€™d a jeep and wait 6 months or more to arrive and save the 5k but with in those 6 months I would have saved 9k wihile having the jeep now. Once again ty for the knowledge and laughs as some post were pretty funny. Any questions that are unanswered i will be on at the same time tomorrow. ill do my best to answer them and continue responding. Have a good night and a blessed day tomorrow.

1 Like

Those kind of wait times are primarily a small handful of people that ordered before production even started. Most of the more recent orders are going significantly quicker.

1 Like

OP I got to commend you for the positive attitude and your willingness to take accountability and learn. Thatā€™s whatā€™s growing is all about. Next lease you will do better!

FYI all 2022 Jeep purchase/lease comes with Jeep Wave which is free 3 oil changes and tire rotation. No need to purchase the dealer BS services or mark ups. Thatā€™s just them pocketing.

Next time sell the car separately and keep the equity. Then negotiate on the lease. Keep it separate transaction and dont put much down except for title, tax, and reg for leases.

9 Likes

Just FYI, I think the higher estimates are for the missing discount. $5k over but then an additional ~9% through one of the discount dealers/brokers. Then there is the service contract (which you should be able to cancel, BTW). Adds up to a lot of $$.

2 Likes

OPā€¦.if you can get the service contracts cancelled, it may be worth seeing what your buyout is. You still may be able to flip your way out of this particular Jeep and into an ordered Jeep at a much lower price (monthly).

Thereā€™s likely no way to recoup the $13k+ of trade equity, but should be able to get a custom ordered wrangler shipped to you for a lower monthly payment. Historically Wranglers hold their value very well, so you may have some backend equity as well.

1 Like

Where is @max_g 's ā€œbeating a dead horseā€ banner when you need it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Seems like it doesnā€™t seep in sometimes and folks say they are still confused. Sometimes takes a different style of explanation. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Lol I hear ya!

1 Like

Good god I ignored this thread just to be pulled back in.

120 ish posts later the OP is still sticking to their preferred narrative of ā€œsaved some money on gasā€ so IMO this whole thread (just like almost every single post-signing thread) was a grand waste of everyoneā€™s time.

If someone wants to be happy with the fantasy in their head, just let them be happy.

Back to ignoring this thread.

10 Likes

I donā€™t think it is a waste of time if this community can help someone get a better car deal now or in the future. As a car enthusiast, buyer of many cars, and a trial attorney by trade, I considered myself to be quite savvy when it came to negotiating and understanding contract terms. Over many car purchases, I got exactly one deal that I was really happy with. The rest were poor to awful. It is only because of this site, and the help from posts here, that I now feel properly equipped and informed when it comes to car buying. Maybe we canā€™t help OP recover from this deal but hopefully future transactions will be better for him/her.

7 Likes

Last strike of the dead horse from me: you overpaid by $25,000 for the whole lease. Between the $5k markup, $4k extras; no discount and no benefit of the $7500; additional (rent expense due to no discount); and $1400 in taxes.

With $13k equity from P-Wagon, you couldā€™ve have 0 payments for 3 years, or finance a buy at $43k.

Thatā€™s it for me on this thread.

Iā€™m in remission.

3 Likes