2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland decent deal?

, ,

The dealer can’t lock in the residual value… it’s whatever the bank(s) offer come March. This is likely Ally although we have seen even better numbers from local credit unions. One pay would save you $80/month if you have the extra cash laying around and go CCAP.

You aren’t getting a similar Mercedes or BMW at $900 either. Right now, a lower end X7 is likely around $1,100-$1,200 with minimal down.

1 Like

Fully aware of lease programs and residuals changing monthly. I never said BMW or Mercedes are apples to apples with Jeep. I am just saying for that much money I may as well go to a true luxury brand.

I don’t understand the point of doing one pay. That’s paying the lease in full up front, correct?

CCAP reduces the mf by .00072 on a one pay for a lease term longer than 24 months. By paying it up front, you save thousands of dollars in rent charge across the life of the lease.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information. I’m not sure if one pay would be right for me here in NJ with these terrible drivers. I wouldn’t want to risk totaling the vehicle having paid for it up front.

If this deal falls through, I will ride out my current lease. I’m very interested in the 2023 Sequoia TRD Pro. I have a Toyota guy that I’ve bought three new vehicles with before I got into the Grand Cherokee. :grin:

A one pay is not handled the same as a large cap cost reduction in regards to the risk should the vehicle be totaled. You are paid back a prorated amount of your one pay based on the time remaining on the lease.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks for that information! If that’s the case, one pay might be the way to go. :+1:

It’s at least worthy of running the numbers fully on and being honest with yourself about your use of your money. The return on paying the money up front is quite high, so unless you have a very risk tolerant investment strategy for your money, it generally becomes a worthy use of your funds.

1 Like

I think when I calc’ed the one pay return (in the simplest fashion possible) for my Jeeps it came in around ~7%. That seems like a no brainer if one is using liquid funds (aka something earning like 0.3%) for the single pay.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.