2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland decent deal?

, ,

Seems like a no brainer especially if you have an existing relationship with the dealer. I question if that trade value is really locked in especially if the used car market drops significantly, but it’s not like you are a random off the street.

In the end, you can always cancel and they would happily sell your order for MSRP so no downside.

1 Like

True, in the meantime you can keep shopping your 2021 GC as you get close to the delivery date.

Which you should do to protect yourself if/when the dealer bails on the suggested trade value from a few months earlier.

1 Like

Most definitely! I already had that in mind.

My dealer told me the contrary, that Chrysler Credit is better than USB so who knows what’s true…

1 Like

Ohh wow! How is this possible? I have checking out multiple dealers in Austin,Tx area and no one gave me a lease deal less then $900.
Most of them have been pushing for financing it.
Financing a similar vehicle with MSRp around $68k comes around $1200 a month for 72 month…

Would love some suggestions to get a lease deal for around $660 for GCL 4/4 5.7 Hemi.

TIA

What kind of discount is required to hit that price point in Texas?

I have no idea, I myself is looking for some information to hit that price…

Well, a good start would be putting together a calculator based on the current lease programs for the GCL and your region. From there, you can adjust the discount % to see what it would take to hit that monthly goal.

Choose a trim. Start plugging everything into the LH calculator beginning with MSRP.

Enter a selling price that’s = MSRP for starters.

Enter RV, MF and incentives from Lease Program Query or log on to ask on Edmunds forums based on those for your zip.

Google the Acquisition fee for the brand if the calculator does not auto-fill it.

Google the DMV fees for your state and local tax rate if you don’t already know them.

Hit the green “Share” button and copy/paste the unique link here.

The vehicle hasn’t been delivered to the dealership yet. I’m not holding my breath that they’ll stay true to their end of the deal. I have a feeling I will be walking away from this and waiting out the market with my 2021 lease. :laughing:

I believe Ally had better leasing terms this month for the L Summit so double check that with the dealer. Their MF is very high, like .00230, but RV is 63% for 39 months vs 56% for CCAP (36 months). Think it will be $40-$50/month cheaper.

1 Like

That’s definitely what I’m the most worried about. It’s looking like the vehicle will be here sometime in March. I’ve talked to a few brokers who quote me in the $900 a month range because their residual is 54%. I have no idea where my dealer is getting 64% from other than they aren’t using CCAP. Fingers crossed the residual doesn’t fall off too badly in March. If I’m looking at $900 a month for a Jeep I’m walking. I told them flat out I’d rather drive a BMW or Mercedes for that kind of a payment. This would be my fourth lease and my seventh brand new vehicle, so I’m not completely uneducated about this stuff.

I’m not afraid to walk. I’m sure they’ll be happy to have a vehicle they can sell for way over MSRP, and I like my 2021 Grand Cherokee enough to keep it until its lease is up. By then the market should hopefully have cooled off, and maybe they’ll have worked the kinks out of the new model. :grin:

This looks like a very solid deal, considering almost 10 leashhackr score. I have never leased Jeep before, but even when everything was normal, what did the good deal look like for Jeep? Also, your MSRP is 70K, why not go with Summit Reserve.

BTW, OP could you DM me the dealer information? Interested in it.

1 Like

That doesn’t mean anything in itself.

Score when $800 payment $60k MSRP < score when $800 payment $68k MSRP

Why do you think MSRP keep going up?

1 Like

I also don’t think I filled the calculator in properly. I think my trade would technically increase my DAS. I might pocket the trade and take the higher payment.

This calculator might be more accurate. More accurate calculator

I didn’t really like the Summit Reserve. Also I’d be going from $70,550 to $75,275 for essentially the same vehicle. The 21" wheels do nothing for me. It’s still just a Jeep and honestly an overpriced one at that. Let me see how it plays out with the dealership, and then I’ll give you their information if you’re still interested at that point.

They were pretty transparent, but I still won’t believe it until it’s finalized. :sweat_smile: I’m pretty sure some of these dealers are trying to get more inventory by having people cancel orders when the dealership doesn’t uphold their end of the deal.

1 Like

Sure man. So essentially it’s like 5.5% discount right? Not bad at this market. Curious what build did you choose to make it 70K on a overland.
I tried with Summit Resever with v8 at 70K: Build & Price a 2021 Jeep® Grand Cherokee L Today! | Jeep
Am I missing something here?

I got a lease quote for a 2021 GCL base model, $563 monthly with first month due. 36 mons and 10k miles. In Houston area. I did not take it. If you are interested, PM me and I can share with you the dealer info.

You’re missing that you’re building a 2021 and prices have gone up drastically for the 2022s. When you go on jeep.com you have to click on the new Grand Cherokee (2 door) and once you’re there it will allow you to choose the 3 row L to build. I don’t know why they buried it like that.

Also, I asked for 5% off invoice. Some of the brokers are doing better than that, but they are also only doing a 54% residual on the Overland which is how you get $800+ a month payments. I’m not holding my breath for my dealer to stick to the 64% residual come March or possibly April. Who know what lease programs will look like by then. If they do honor it somehow then it’s a done deal. :grin:

2022 Grand Cherokee Build