2022 Honda Civic Sport $379/mo ($150 Off MSRP)

, , , , ,

the Civic does look good I’m in the same spot as you I have a 2021 camry SE that I bought last may for 26k OTD (MSRP was 28.2k)

getting 27-29k offers now, but instead of selling it going to keep and am waiting for my new Miata to come in that I ordered at MSRP. still might get the itch to trade lol I’m coming from a loaded Giulia lease and miss that car

I’m dying to know, is it Mazda?

Where I’m at?

1 Like

Market adjustments are crazy on Civics right now, dealers asking for $5-$6K over…

1 Like

Can attest. I’ve got 1 deposit at MSRP incoming in 2 weeks others best was able to get was 2.5 k above

Was offered an si at 5k told the dealer to kick rocks :grin:
I was offered a regular a civic at msrp tho but meh

1 Like

Wish I could find one at MSRP they are all not budging on MSRP + dealer adds

Which trim?

Sport 10 char

Local dealer emailed me last night, they had two Sport Touring reservations canceled this week. They’re asking $500 over MSRP. If someone cancels a reservation, do they get that back or did the dealer just get a free $1000 between these two? I wonder if I can use that to try to negotiate the markup.

Sport and touring are different trims, most dealers refund deposit. Dealer would have to be clinically insane to sell even at $500 above MSRP unless of course they are marking up MF and adding “accessories “ otherwise grab it and run

I bought an EX three weeks ago at $1000 markup and $1200 accessories. It was on the lot, I had one ordered at 2k over but it would’ve been a July delivery. I’m in northern California, it was a grind just getting the car.

Best out the door price I have gotten on a white civic sport is $29,680 inclusive of MSRP + dealer BS + TTL.

On the sedan yes, it’s two different trims, but on the hatch “Sport Touring” is the top trim.

I asked for an OTD price, he gave $31,540 MSRP with a $32,040 sale price. Then $1364 taxes, $275 tags, $288 doc fee for an estimated total of $33,967. No mention of any accessories or other BS.

If I go for it, I’ll be buying and probably use the Hanscomb CU Better than a lease loan.

1 Like

Tax seems low for I assume your in MA ? But yea go for it

Delaware. Technically we don’t have sales tax, it’s a 4.25% “documentation fee”.

1 Like

I can’t find a local dealer to do MSRP, exhausted my options minimum was a $1500 dealer add ons, which isn’t terrible.

1 Like

GMTV just killed me with $30,500- interestingly noted they’re noting wholesale transaction values- meaning my visit to CarMax this weekend would probably beat or match this no?

$30,500-$14,948 (PayOff) = $15,568
Car Recieved 1/31

I’ve made 3 payments totaling = $2,235
Down Payment = $10,000
= 12,235

15,558-12,235 = $3,297 in equity after driving this for 3,970 miles… even more, if we just do the math of MSRP.

2 Likes

Wow, i should pick up a civic sport at sticker lol

3 Likes

It’s crazy what these civics are going for but honestly with gas at $5 a gallon, it might be a smart move to keep it rather trying to squeeze out $3k in equity.

Civic be getting close to 40mpg on highway.