2022 Honda Civic Sport $379/mo ($150 Off MSRP)

, , , , ,

Haven’t driven an ex-l but new touring seriously impressive. I know sort of apples to oranges given hugely old platform vs brand new but just completely and totally wrecks the ILX, which you couldn’t pay me to drive relative to new civic.

Definitely feels better than prior civics engine wise as well which have felt underpowered to me.

It is funny though yesterday I saw a sport and loved the wheels.

I wonder how the seats compare to the last gen. I had a last gen civic touring and while it was nice, the seats ended up being so bad on my back that i couldnt drive it any more.

2 Likes

22 Civic is not in the same league as M340i.
Totally 2 different cars. Think you can buy 3 Civics for the price of 1 M340i in today’s mkt.
I always like Civic as a daily commute car and a good resale value.

2 Likes

More like two for one :grinning: at least in northern California. I just ordered a Civic EX for 2k over MSRP, that was the lowest after talking to 15 different dealers. Dealers that have civics on the lot are asking markup + accessories. One local Acura dealer is letting me pre-order a 2023 Integra at MSRP with 1k accessories but it will be many months before I will get the car. Last week I was at a BMW dealership and they had two M440i at MSRP on the lot.

Well of course one literally costs double the other.

Refreshed offer and holy crap. $1,500 increase after adding 100 miles… and waiting 5 days

Don’t know how long I can keep this equity-wait game going. M340i is being built June 20th, if i can scale this up to $30k by end of May i might let it go and rent a car off turo for a month and piggyback off friends cars & uber’s

2 Likes

20 day offer refresh, car is at 3,905 miles- over 500 increased since 20 days ago after adding close to ~700 miles. if this hits $30k I’m forced to sell.

Need my M340i to start production alreadyyyy

3 Likes

could you get a Type R at invoice? I feel like that might be just a bit more enjoyable

Consider one sold if possible
I’ll take one :laughing:

1 Like

even an SI with a manual at MSRP would be nice

1 Like

but 3 year old SI manuals are going for original MSRP.

3 Likes

Dont hold your breath. You gotta have some preemo blackmail on a a honda dealership for an invoice deal on a type r when @HondaSoCal was asking 30k+ preshortage.

1 Like

Ya gotta pay the cost to be the boss! A guy at my old spot said they finally sold their one Phoenix Yellow Type-R for 20K over or something like that.

1 Like

RODO coming in close, haven’t scheduled CarMax yet because I believe they’re gonna give me $30k+ compared to their listing prices might have to start looking for a temp sh** box soon to hold me down 30-45 days

Time to go get that shitbox!

1 Like

A new ones (at least in CA), are $5k over.

I truly cannot comprehend how these companies swallow up these cars at ridiculous prices and sell them to even more stupid consumers willing to pay $30,000++++ for a hobda sport.

The end game of this market And all markets will be inevitable, and when it comes it should be no surprise to anyone. The fallout will be significant!!

Did I hear 2.5k Honda Civic sh$#box speacial?

2 Likes

was it a Limited Edition?

I think the yellow one is.

1 Like