2022 Chevy Bolt EUV- Price Decrease May 2022

Issue is people are paying over MSRP since not many on the dealer lots. Those inventory vehicles may be 21’s as well. Or the ones where the battery hasen’t been changed.

I’ve called 15 dealerships, and only 1 had inventory of Bolts, but added $5k worth of dealer add on’s.

Lol good for him. Let him pay the $10k more, I’ll get the better deal.

2 Likes

Did Costco special come through in 2021 and 2020? Believe it skipped 2021

I have both (actually a EUV). And a M3 SR+

Different cars. Bolt has 360 camera (really convenient for parking), ventilated seats, normal controls, blind side assist in mirrors, rear cross traffic alert, much better ingress/egress, better trunk (with seats down), SiriusXM. Probably forgetting some things.

Tesla is so much more fun to drive. Looks great inside, very clean and futuristic. Stereo in base model is weak…it’s missing 6 speaker and the sub compared to the LR. Fine if you listen to Yacht Rock at low volume, though. Just don’t get the Led out.

Hard to believe the Bolt had a higher MSRP (I got M3 at 39.9 last summer). It feels like a econobox compared to the Tesla.

Of course it skipped 2021, it was on Stop Sale after all.

So the Tesla is more ‘fun to drive’ but ingress / egress is what would affect my back over time :slight_smile:

The same geniuses who paid an average of 18% over MSRP for Kia SUVs that could be ordered at sticker throughout the entire chip pandemic. That’s around $10,000 for the higher end ones.

5 Likes

Seems like GM knows Bolt buyers won’t get tax credit next year (union or not). Guess that’s pretty obvious.

I guess screw it and just buy now then

Didn’t the Tax Credit go away for GM already for the bolt?

2 Likes

Tesla fan-boy much?

1 Like

They’re taking their cue from the folks who have not advanced it one inch

The last markup on anything that included the EV tax credits was in November for BBB and that bill died (RIP) when the budget was passed. Neither the House nor Senate stand-alone version has moved since markup at this time last year.

I think we’ll be flush with inventory before the current EV tax credit changes through legislation.

Yes: people are still pining for the 1/4-baked proposal from BBB.

1 Like

Im guessing this will tank MY22 Bolt’s resale value? Poor people who bought them instead of leasing

2 Likes

Bolt tax credit could’ve been $10k under the proposed bill, now it’s a goose egg.

1 Like

My local stealership has had six euvs prominently on their lot for half a year now. Recently a couple finally have sold stickers on them.

1 Like

I’m sure since they could not sell them on the lot. They had to change the batteries and it took 4+ months to get the supplies.

1 Like

Yeah your vehicle is gonna drop big time if you bought.

1 Like

I suspect GM is ramping up EV sales through the price cut so that it will not need to buy as many environmental credits from Tesla. So even if GM does not make much if any profit on actual Bolt sales, it would still make money by not needing to spend as much on regulatory credits.

2 Likes

Ahh the real reason appears.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.