2022 Cadillac XT4 - Help with calculator and deal structure

Received an offer from a local Cadillac dealer today that was pretty insane. I think this is probably the worst deal i’ve seen while shopping for a car in the last 10 years. There is also a Costco $1500 voucher that is not included in the numbers below.

MSRP: $42,010.00
Discount: -$830.35
Vehicle sell price: $41,179.65
Accessories: $1,495 (some paint protection stuff that can’t be removed)
Document fee: $85
License/title: $590
Tire Fee: $8.75
Acquisition: $695
Tax on Collected Item: 570.86
Capitalized Initial Fees: 651.08
Total Cap: $45, 275.34 (They’re rolling everything into cap cost for some reason. :face_vomiting: )
Trade in: $32,400
Trade in payoff: $26,891
Rebate: -$500 (Cadillac lease cash for anyone currently leasing any vehicle)
Net Cap: $39,266.34

Base payment: $594.59
Tax: 56.49
Payment: $651.08

Rate: 0.00108 (marked up)
Annual miles: 12k
Residual: $20,164.80 (48%)

The Selling price of the car isn’t bad for this market but everything else is just terrible. No matter what i try, i can’t get the calculator to be anywhere near the numbers above.

Can anyone help setup the calculator to reflect the above?

Considering that they have a decent sale price for the vehicle and hinted at possible discounting the “accessories” a bit, i think it might be worth a shot if i can get them structure it better? Would they be able to remove all the fees and extras from the cap cost and just make it a lump sump up front cost considering that they’re marking up the MF? Also, i’ll be doing 36/10 instead of 36/12 which should give an extra 1% on the residual. Plus add the costco $1500 and it might not be too bad of a deal. Thoughts?

good example of why people are pushing to purchase the vehicles.

What is stopping you from doing the work? Did you get the MF and RV from edmunds?

Most cars do not lease well. They do not have the programs (RV, MF and incentives) to be good candidates for lease-hacking, regardless of what dealer discount you can negotiate. This is truer now than it has ever been. Which means you cannot start your search with a particular car or cars in mind, and then find a way to make them lease well.

5 Likes

Terribly low RV and a marked up MF will not equal a good lease payment unless the car is heavily discounted enough to balance things out - in which this is not the case.

Lease programs are historically bad across the board with limited exceptions.

Additionally throwing your equity from the trade into a bad lease is almost equivalent to setting your money on fire.

If you want this vehicle now, I’d suggest you use your equity as a down payment to purchase it.

Purchasing makes the most sense. Especially with GM offering 0% APR for 36 months for well-qualified buyers who take new retail delivery by 03-31-2022.

Terrible lease, you are putting in 5500 getting $500 and $1500 on a 42k car and still paying over $600?

That’s effectively a $860 month for the car alone…
Leave it and get something else or go to a different dealer.

1 Like

I bought the trade in myself and planning on flipping it to carmax or some other dealer.

Not too worried about the money factor since I’m thinking I’ll do a one-pay lease last minute and drop the MF down.

Just trying to get the deal structure into the lease calculator but my numbers are way off from what dealer is getting.

Lol so what should the MF be after the one-pay reduction? Still need to know that info to avoid the mark up

The discount is a .00078 using one pay i believe. that part is in the calculator. I don’t mind the markup on the MF if they discount the car enough because then the one pay brings the MF down considerably and makes the entire deal more reasonable.

A mark up on MF negates the discount.

2 Likes

The MF can’t go negative. The base is so low that a one pay lease doesn’t make much sense. I don’t mind doing a one pay though if it’s worth it. That’s why I want them to discount the car and keep the mf high in hopes that they would sell the car with same discount when I ask for one pay at the end to bring mf close to zero.

Here is a different dealer. These damn accessories they’re all adding on is very frustrating.

You really want to lease a car that has 47% residual?
Wow, just wow
Buy it, or find a better car.

1 Like

Why don’t you put the $5,000 down and finance the car for 72 months if you really want it?

A $40-42k loan for 72 months should yield a payment of $600-630.

Not far from your lease payment and you wouldn’t have any restrictions.

Or find another car.

1 Like

Buying it is out of the question. Payments are too high. Trying to get payments down into low 400s. Can’t buy much with that type of budget.

In regards to residual. What difference does that make with todays market. Pretty sure the car will have equity by end of lease at a 47% residual. With the MF being so low, I don’t see the residual being a big deal. It’s unrealistically low at 47%. IMO a $40k car is gonna be worth more than $18k in 3 years.

I don’t think this car will ever be low $400s on a lease without a ton down. Maybe a balloon loan if you are after lower payments?

The horrible rv is a big part of why these leases are so expensive.

1 Like

In today’s market, most cars are selling for MSRP or over. Play with the calculator and see if it is possible to get a monthly payment of $400 on a car w/ an MSRP of $42K and an RV of 47% w/o a huge cap reduction.

With such a low residual value, GM itself thinks that XT4 won’t hold its value well, so I’d hesitate to lease or buy this model.

Have you looked at what competitors are leasing or selling for – e.g., Lexus NX, Acura RDX, Mercedes-Benz GLA, or even a loaded Mazda CX-5?

1 Like

Probably not going to be able to lease much, at least $40k+ for that either.