2022 Cadillac XT4 - Help with calculator and deal structure

I’ve looked at the NX but not really a fan of Lexus. The Acura RDX looked great but couldn’t find anything within my budget. The GLA is really small and expensive. Mercedes has been doing more 48mo leases to try and be somewhat competitive but the payments are still in the $500+ range with $5k drive off.

Haven’t looked at the Mazda CX-5. I’ll take a look at that. Thanks!

I feel like the free $1500 from Costco is what’s maybe making the XT4 within reach.

When you plug a $1500 rebate into the calculator for a car of an MSRP of $42K and a RV of 47%, do you get anything close to your desired payment?

You can actually to do the math to see if your hoped-for deal is actually mathematically possible. You can’t expect a dealer to create a deal that is not mathematically feasible.

2 Likes

Just signed! 22 XT4, $42k MSRP, $5k total out of pocket and $428/mo + tax, 39mo and 10k miles per year.

Went through a lot of dealers but finally found one that was willing to discount the car a bit.

Did you trade in or sell your previous car to that dealer? What kind of discount did you get?

You paid $5k in cash plus ~$5k equity from your trade?

No. Bought the previous car. Gonna flip it for more than $5k profit.

Carmax offered a trade in value with $5600 equity but they couldn’t buy it due to GM financial restrictions. Hopefully get more from another dealer, if not, I’ll go back to carmax.

Put $5k on new deal.

holy hell, you really wanted that caddy. Enjoy.

So you come here…cry about the deals you’re getting…ask for advice…don’t listen to the advice…and make a poor leasing decision anyways.

So what was the point of posting here?

2 Likes

Ouch. I don’t know if there’s a need to be that harsh.

Having said that, I def don’t think it’s a good use of $. But at least other posters who really want an XT4 will have a data point…?

I think this one was challenging to read and participate in, because the OP’s goal seemed to be to get the payment to a certain number, at the expense of everything else.

1 Like

Yup.

With a $39,840 msrp he could have easily found someone with a GM supplier code. Literally almost anyone that works for a major corporation has access to them. Even without a supplier code it isn’t super hard to negotiate the same price.

This would have brought the price down to around $37,600. Subtract $1,500 Costco and $500 Cadillac rebate and you’re at $35,600. Add in $2,000 in sales tax and you’re at $37,600. Add in $85 dealer fee and $600 in dmv fees and you’re at $38,285. He put down $5k on the lease so if he did the same here he’d be at $33,285 financed. 72 months at 3% interest and you’re at $500 per month on a purchase. Instead he’s now paying $428 plus tax on a lease. So we’re talking a difference of $50 max on a purchase versus a lease.

4 Likes

Of course you have to assume a Caddy dealer will accept supplier. GM supplier is so good that most dealers won’t take it.

Undoubtedly. But we’ve had plenty more posters who have been more, er, confrontational, so this hardly seemed like one of the worst. :wink:

1 Like

Agreed. It just stood out to me as odd to being open to a one pay, but not open to more than $400 a month.

Effective 556/mo for a 42k XT4

Ummm…Congrats?

1 Like

I bought an XT6 in September and got quotes from 5 dealerships. All were more than happy to take GM supplier. The dealership I bought from actually overvalued my trade just to get the sale.

And ? That was September… Do they have stock now?

It’s nowhere near as good as it was pre bankruptcy. I guess in today’s environment, relatively speaking, it’s good.

For me, it was, “Why does a sh*tty RV matter for a lease?” :roll_eyes: Uh…

1 Like

I read it as, here’s my shitty deal, help me squeeze a little more blood out of the vampire dealer. I really want this car and I have money and don’t want to deal with trading it in after 3 years.

1 Like