2022 Bolt EV and EUV price drop! $6,300 Customer Cash

I seriously think the orders are the best deal out there right now…

1 Like

No, Aug.18-Dec.30 wont satisfied the tax credit requirement, you have to wait until Jan.1 to put order and to pick up

Anyone know if this can be combined with Uber and GM supplier?

It’s either or on those

1 Like

So even if I pick up in January it won’t be valid cause j ordered in 2022? It makes no sense though cause what if I didn’t take the order and someone else walked on the lot and then bought my order, would they get the full tax credit? Either way I’m probably gonna take the order.

you wont get tax credit if you order in 2022

Don’t think this is true.
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/taxevb.shtml

Cap gets lifted for GM in 2023 so you want to take delivery in 2023.
IRS has not implemented rules regarding timing of orders.

1 Like

This is not correct, if you ordered a Non Binding Contract (Aka you don’t have to take delivery), then it’s counted as 2023 sale.

The key thing is you bought the car in 2022 but GM cap already reached in this year

You said ‘Ordered’ The law is based on Delivery not order.

Binding Orders are the only thing that the 2022 rules would apply to (Pre Aug 16 Rules)
Or
Delivery in 2022. (Using Aug 16 rules)

Delivery in 2023 on a non binding order is 2023 rules. (Jan 1 2023 rules)
Binding Orders Aug 16 and after are based on Delivery Rules.

which means during Aug18-Dec30 in 2022, the GM cap was reached

If you order 8/16 2022 and take delivery Jan 1 2023, you get the new rebate. (Whatever that is)

You implied Orders in 2022 don’t qualify which is wrong.

2 Likes

https://afdc.energy.gov/laws/inflation-reduction-act
check this

Trust me , I have…a LOT. It’s based on Delivery Date now…the binding order rule is gone as I don’t think GM issued any.

GM reached the 200k cap a long time ago.

1 Like

You didn’t buy the car if you didn’t pay for it. The current rules state that it can count towards the 2022 legacy rules IF you have a binding purchase contract. A refundable deposit or an order with no deposit is NOT a binding purchase contract.

The hard part will be finding a dealer to accept the order and if the car arrives BEFORE the end of 2022, getting them to hold it in inventory until 2023. I would suggest perhaps placing the order in late October/November to ensure Jan delivery.

but if you put deposit on the order which means you buy

No lol.
I had 3 deposits in July. All cancelled by me after bill passed.

Deposits are not bill of sales.

so you also believed that you have to put an order in 2023 if you want to claim TC on the cars like GM EUV

No I put a deposit on inbound units. I cancelled them because the GM cap gets lifted in 2023.
An order is not a bill of sale.

I will reorder it later this year to time the delivery after 2023. You just need to take delivery in 2023, not order in 2023.

1 Like