2022 Bolt EV and EUV price drop! $6,300 Customer Cash

I ordered from a dealer that has a longer EV lead time so should land right around January. Still waiting for my order to get accepted by GM. If you shop around now and find out how many they have allocated and how many orders in front of you then you can get it times out now.

1 Like

Are serious right now? You don’t have to buy and in many states deposits are refundable by law. Please don’t spew misinformation. A refundable deposit does not force you to buy a vehicle.

No, nine of us were sure what the rules would be and have multiple deposits and orders and various models.

Now that we know a Bolt delivered in 2023 will qualify for the rebate (or part of it), we know how to best handle the situation … plan to take delivery in 2023. Whether you order or find one on the lot, the key is taking delivery on or after Jan 1, 2023

If you want EUV23 order now, ansd expect it to be delivered in 2023

GM dropped the price of the 2023 Bolt and simultaneously offered a rebate on 2022 Bolts to mostly mirror the new pricing. This was presumably done to try to maintain EV market share until they can introduce more competitive EV models.

Now that many buyers will be eligible for the IRA tax credit starting 1/1/2023, is it likely that GM will increase the pricing of the 2023 Bolts?

Lease looks surprisingly good. Low MF, high RV. Add potential tax credit, and this seems like great value right now. Any reason not to lease these?

Bc you don’t get fed rebate on lease

What tax credit? The one you don’t get when you lease?

Didn’t think about that. You have to purchase to get tax credit under new IRA rules? Is that already decided or tbd?

old rules in 2022 require purchase.

No one knows for 2023 but it’s probably purchase as well

1 Like

I also accidentally used 2022 lease numbers - the 2023 numbers look horrible. So yeah, purchase really the only option here. Should hold its value well though for a couple years, especially the LT ones that will be resellable under 25K, and get the new 4k federal rebate for used EVs.

This is not true.

An order agreement is not a purchase. You’re agreeing to purchase, but the purchase doesn’t happen until you sign the purchase documents/take delivery.

Thats the entire reason that the IRA has the transition rule for vehicles ordered before that now don’t qualify. Because an order isnt a purchase, they put a special option that allows you to elect to rreat the earlier date for tax credit purposes.

1 Like

Has anyone gotten the $2000 Uber/Lyft discount on a 2023 order?

The new rules were an amendment of the old, so I don’t see why it would be different.

But I don’t understand whether manufacturer gets to keep rebate for lease as they did in the past. If this is the case, it could be a workaround for manufacturers to pass on some of the credit to individuals that do not have enough tax liability or have too high AGI.

No one knows yet how the 2023 rebate is going to work.

2022 rebate went to the owner of the car which means the bank on a lease, they may pass it through but some dont

Not sure what you mean. The bill has been passed. The main aspects that are uncertain because they depend on irs or transp. sec interpretation are some of the vehicle eligibility requirements and transition rules.

This part of the rebate should be finalized. I just don’t know what the rule is.

Of course if manufacturers get the rebate they may not decide to pass it down.

So are a lot of the sub aspects, such as how to deliver the rebate.

Is 2023 EUV (and 2022) eligible for all of these ? (I see some new 2023 near me now too, CA)

• $6300 incentive
  • GM supplier $1500
  • CVRP rebate of 2k
  • Clean fuel reward ? (why does it say zero!)
  • Uber (I think this went away by now?)

Did I miss any other discount?

The $6300 purchase incentive is only on 2022s to align MSRP, not the 2023

CCFR went to $0 on Sept 1st, but CVRP and CVAP are still funded (I think for CVAP you need an existing reservation)

2 Likes

Isn’t it better to get 23 now if they have similar pricing? GM supplier and CVRP should be the same for both i am guessing.

CVRP is 2k if your household income is above 111k. What if my local utility company isn’t listed in there? That means I don’t qualify?