2022 Bolt EV and EUV price drop! $6,300 Customer Cash

That’s not bad, most dealers are asking for $3000 or more over MSRP

1 Like

It’s really a complete mess and it’s evidence of a huge inadequacy in how manufacturers are selling products.

I like Toyotas, but it’s actually impossible to understand what is available. Cars.com shows gobs of cars, as do dealer websites. But they all have an inane status. Wth is “in transit”. So I call a dealer ask if they have what the search says and the answer is no it’s sold. Of course it’s no. They “have” four rav4 primes but obviously they are sold out for months.

So then I’m like okay let’s say I want a new tacoma SR5. Well, I have to go into the dealer itself. I can tell the salesman what I want for trim but he can’t order it; he gets whatever toyota sells. Then he looks ahead to upcoming allocations and sees which customers’ requests match their allocations. Then if one is kind of a match he starts calling customers and has to leave messages and play phone tag. Then the customer says no I don’t want that blue one. I want a black one, so then he calls the next one, etc. all because it’s actually impossible to even order cars.

I’m rather shocked that in 2022 it’s actually impossible to request a car from a major manufacturer according to something I can “build” on their website. And the chip shortage should have no bearing whatsoever on that. Absolutely it can bear on the availability and lead time, but why cannot not actually order a specific car from toyota?

So let’s say one unallocated matches what you want. You say okay let’s do it. Dealer says build date is July 10. Then three weeks later you’re asking where’s my car and he says I have no idea all I can see is that it’s built. It looks like these behemoths’ operations could really be enhanced in a great many ways.

4 Likes

Unique to Toyota mostly (and perhaps Honda) and shows how inflexible their entire “Kaizen” “JIT” operation really is. They’re good at churning out widgets but as soon as the process encounters challenges, it breaks down. It’s completely ludicrous that in today’s digital age, you can’t custom-order a Toyota.

3 Likes

Uber discount applicable to 2023 models?

Replying to my own post as I did end up getting an EUV. What can I say, the value is just too much to ignore on this car if you are shopping EVs. :smile:

I followed the car home and would like to revise my complaint on the brake lights: It is an extremely stupid light design and cosmetically I hate with the fire of 1,000 suns however I am no longer concerned about the safety angle. The brake lights are higher than you’d think from the pictures and the LEDs are very bright even in mid-day sun.

4 Likes

I always find these offers compliacted to understand. With this deal what does the car cost if paying cash? Thanks in advance …Co0ngrats on ur purchase

I always find these offers complicated to understand. With this deal what does the car cost if paying cash? Thanks in advance …Congrats on ur purchase

I leased a 2020 Chevrolet Bolt last year in IL for $7k. I am considering turning it in for the $3750 rebate. I do not like the manual seats, and lack of adaptive cruise control in the 2020 LT.

What should I expect the total cost of purchasing the car to be if the MSRP is $44,070 (sunroof)

Is it safe to assume I can get the below discounts if I purchase.

$6250 manufacturer rebate
$3750 lease turn in rebate
$1500 Uber

• IL $4K rebate (if I keep the car for 1 year)

Will I be able to get any of the original $7K lease payment back?

Does not apply for purchases - only leases according to Trish

1 Like

User @hazzum posted on June 19th that he qualified for the $3750 rebate when turning in the 2020 Bolt. A little confused on this part, certainly don’t want to start searching for cars if that isn’t the case

I am exactly in the same situation. Could you let me know how to explain this to a dealer.

On a purchase, you can stack $6,300 EUV customer cash, $3,750 early lease turn in, and $2,000 Uber driver cash. You cannot use GM special finance rates together with these incentives though, so it may be worthwhile to secure your own financing.

As to whether you’ll get a portion of your $7K one-pay lease back, it depends on how much the dealer will buy your current Bolt for. If you have positive equity (i.e., they buy the car for more than your lease payoff), then you’ll get some of that back.

Best of luck! Depending on the market, it may be difficult to find a Bolt at MSRP with no dealer add-ons or F&I extras.

1 Like

MSRP swaps must be approved by GM and do not involve the dealer, except for the final steps. Not sure if GM is still doing them, but people have initiated them by calling the Chevrolet EV customer service number and telling the representative you want a Substitution of Collateral for your current Bolt EV lease, for which the recall remedy is not available yet.

More info in this topic: GM recalling Bolts for potential battery issue - #1237 by joeblogs

1 Like

The 3750 requires gm financing i believe

I have a 2020 bolt from two years ago that I did one pay with the chargeup NJ 5k rebate it ended up costing me well under 1k total for the lease. Anyway it’s a 30k/3yr lease and I’ve already put 25k on it with 15 months still to go on the lease. What do you think are my best options at this point? I haven’t kept up with any of the programs going on but I know covid changed everything. GM also sent me some letters about battery replacement coming up but then everything just stopped and there was no communication since end 2021. Where are we at with this? Do you think it’s in my best interest to buy the car at this point? I see chargeupNJ is back with more funding starting yesterday so I’m wondering if that changes things for people leasing new Bolts in NJ.

Thanks. I called GM this morning. Not sure whether they will offer me repurchase or substitution of collateral. I am supposed to forward documents to start the process.

To be honest I am confused on the process. Can I order a 2023 Bolt EUV with a local dealer if I am only offered the repurchase option

They will try and do a repurchase and tell you to lease a new Bolt (at fairy unfavorable terms vs what we were getting a few years ago). You’ll need to push hard for the substitution of collateral, they’ll at first pretend they have no idea. Not sure if the program is still in place as some have said they’re not doing any more new swaps, but I’m not sure if that’s accurate.

SOC is done. Ended in May unless you started the process before then.

1 Like

Is anyone in New York/Tri-State area able to replicate the leasehackr calculator deal, and find a dealer with stock?

1 Like

Here are the terms for the Uber offer.
Participant’s name must be the first name

3 Likes