2022 BMW X6M Lease Numbers - Good or Bad?

, ,

Is this a good deal? They said they have to do the 0.0023 as the MF and cannot adjust it anymore. I checked Edmund and it is said the Standard MF is still 0.0019? TIA

They are slightly discounting but bumping the rate. It’s not bad at all, X6M is very limited if you look at it holistically, but if I wanted one (because according to owners it’s the best car in the world), I’d finance it.

2 Likes

~$2,200+ effective? :nauseated_face: Why not just finance it?

If I pay all the fees and tax upfront, it is like 2000/month?

You’re paying 2/3 the MSRP to lease this for 3 years - just buy it

7 Likes

You can throw as much money at signing as you please, but that doesn’t change your overall average (effective) monthly payment.

1 Like

Indeed…Edmund’s calculator also says it is a good deal. Regarding your second point, I thought it is always a good move to lease a BMW/MB instead of buying one lol

That’s the issue here I guess…They have a higher MF. I’ll ask if it is the same MSRP for buying this one.

Generally, that used to be the case. Vehicles are just not being leased as aggressively as they once were. Regarding BMW, many models will depreciate like a rock…and some will hold fairly well. I believe the X6M would/should be the latter.

1 Like

Find out if the sale price remains the same. The MSRP cannot change.

Ahh darn my bad. Yeah I mean the sales price. Thanks!

1 Like

Nothing is ever always true. It is a really bad move to lease this car.

2 Likes

The ONLY useful information on Edmunds is the rv/mf/incentives they give when you post on the model specific forum and ask for your zip code.

Any of their subjective judgement on if a lease deal is good or not is totally irrelevant.

4 Likes

It’s actually much better on the balloon than a traditional finance, @faucheusedeombre. With $9,000 at signing (less than the lease drive-off), it’s about $1,800 a month. That’s assuming it’s at MSRP and no interest rate markup.

Hey, what do you mean by “on the ballon than a traditional finance”?

A traditional finance is just financing the whole amount over 60 months (otherwise payments will be even crazier on a shorter term). The balloon allows you to pay a percentage (different for every model) at the end of the 60-month term and have lower payments for the duration. You can finance the balloon, pay cash at the end, sell the car at the end, or sell the car at any time beforehand.

The X6M balloon percentage is 22% of the MSRP, so you’d owe $27,300 in 60 months (plus the last payment). After 36 months, you’d owe about $66,850 if you pay $9,000 down, and as others mentioned, the X6M should hold its value decently well.

Dammmmmnnnn this is interesting. I need to ask the dealership for this. Thanks a lot

1 Like

No, you should sort out your financing strategy long before ever talking to a dealer and then tell the dealer what youre doing. Never rely on them for fact finding missions.

4 Likes

lol Ballon financing is something new. I need to look at it before talking to the dealer definitely​:+1::+1::+1:Thanks for the heads up

2 Likes