2022 Audi RS6 Avant SIGNED

They’re not trying to sell a $127k car for $155k. That’s like going and financing one and saying that the dealer is trying to sell the car for whatever the sales price is plus all the taxes and interest on the loan.

1 Like

Yeah, go and finance a $50K car for 36 months at the same interest and pay $55K + tax & fees for it.

That’s like saying an apple and an orange should add up to 2 apples.

1 Like

An apple and an orange should add up to cherry flavored sparkling water.

These are the reason why dealers prefer leasing over financing. $127K + Tax + Fee + Interest will land you around $152K (give or take) if you finance.

With a payoff of $72.5K + taxes + fee + interest, the same car will cost in the ballpark of $85K additionally. A total earning on the same car around $168K. Granted that not all the profit goes to the dealer but a significant profit on the same car.

My payoff is $41K on my current vehicle which is worth $35K in the current inflated market. Payoff should be set to what the possible market value at the lease end. Just tired of dealers’ shady practices on high demand cars. I simply don’t want to fall for this again.

Good idea. I don’t think its a good idea for you to lease again.

4 Likes

Are you aware that the dealer has absolutely no say on what the residual value is?

1 Like

The beauty of shady dealers is you don’t have to buy their vehicle :joy:.

Shia Labeouf Snl GIF

3 Likes

My payoff is $41K on my current vehicle which is worth $35K in the current inflated market.

This means you got a great discount (via inflated RV) on your original lease. In normal times, if you have equity in your lease it probably wasn’t a good leasing deal.