2021 Volvo XC90 T8 Insc Exp 7P 523+tax 2000 Drive Off 10 MSDs

After many phone calls and emails, ended up with 8.6 percent pre-incentives. Then I visited three dealerships to see if being in person I could shave off a few more points. One was willing to match, while the other two refused to even make an offer. I’ve read on here that 10% pre-incentive is doable on Volvos and that 12% isn’t out of the question. However, that did not seem to be the case right now on this model. The incentives are pretty generous (6,000 and up) so maybe that was the reason. Hopefully the next person to post on this model will prove me wrong. Either way I’m happy.

2021 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Expression 7P
MSRP: $69,625
Monthly Payment: $523+tax
Drive-Off Amount: $2000
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00152 (.00102 after 10 MSDs)
Residual: 42,471
Incentives: Costco 1250, Conquest 1000, FR 1000, Lease Cash 3750
Region:So-Cal
Leasehackr Score:10.5 (11.3 with post sale rebates: Edison: 1,000 & Allstate Bonus Drive: 500)
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volvo&miles=10000&msd=10&msrp=69625&sales_price=63637&months=36&mf=.00152&dp=-502&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=995&taxed_inc=1000&untaxed_inc=5500&rebate=0&resP=61&reg_fee=735.75&sales_tax=7.75&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

12 Likes

Looks like a good deal to me, congrats.

Thanks for sharing and congrats! Quick questions: what is FR? Also, what about the $5419 federal tax credit-how is that handled?

The federal rebate goes to the owner of the car, not the person leasing the car. The bank can decide to pass some, all, or none of it on in the form of an incentive. In this case, that’d be some of it in the lease cash.

FR is First Responder. As far as federal tax credit goes, it belongs to the lien holder. In this case, since it’s a lease the credit belongs to Volvo. While some companies have passed this credit along to lessees in the form of an incentive, Volvo does not do that. So unless you’re planning to buy the car ignore it. I hope this helps.

They do sometimes. They just aren’t currently on the 21s.

1 Like

@lelandlizard2 I’ve only lease-hacked my i3, so pretty new to the game. My wife really wants one of these so I need to sharpen my skills (quickly). :slight_smile: For your deal, which I think is fantastic, you show an MSRP of $69,625 and were able to get the sale price down 8.6% ($5987) to $63,637. Am I correct to assume that they didn’t use any of the incentives or discounts to get to that number?
If that is correct, then you were able to have them take off

Yes that’s correct. I got this by calling and emailing all the local dealerships (with 150 miles). On three of ten were willing to play ball. So just keep trying. Be patient. Let them call you back. Easiest thing is to go to the websites and make inquiries on specific cars. You can put your parameters in the inquiry.

1 Like

I haven’t checked inventory yet in the DC metro area but do you know if the lease cash incentives are much better on the 2020 XC90 and XC60 T8 models?

Modify the model year on the payment estimator, something like this:

Also check Edmunds for current residuals and money factors.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Help with xc90 in Chicago

I’m in the socal area too and would love score a similar priced deal for the same priced model. Just curious how far you were able to negotiate through email only with local dealers? Was curious if you tried to use truecar, off the bat they are showing average savings of 10%.

Truecar prices are not pre-incentive.

1 Like