Help with xc90 in Chicago

I am in Chicago and the best i have right now for the xc90 is about 525/month + tax with first payment down. I am seeing posts here for much less. (Just saw a 56 msrp xc90 that went for 450/ month ! What am I missing, I have called and negotiated with 6 dealerships trying to get my payments into the 400’s

In chicago, you’re getting hit with almost 20% tax. It’s going ti be more expensive than basically everywhere.

With that said, how are you going about trying to negotiate your deal? What is your target sales price needed to get to the monthly you want based on the current programs?

1 Like

I list it in a suburb of Chicago so I’m not going to pay the big Chicago tax. That said I’m looking at a T5 momentum with a 58-59k msrp and I’m at $ 560 including tax with just first payment down. This doesn’t seem like a bad deal but I believe other states provide additional lease cash and people are leasing T5’s in the 400s. I wonder if I can purchase in another state and have it shipped?

Your first mistake is thinking payments can be replicated if you try hard enough

The TX deal has the following rebates/incentives: what do you have?

Costco $1250
FR $1000
Conquest $1000
Dealer Cash $3000 (included in sales price)

What’s the MF, RV and incentives for your zip according to Edmunds forums?

1 Like

I suspect the biggest problem is you’re asking the dealer how much they want you to pay rather than working out the deal you want

1 Like

Some people reach out to 15+ dealers to achieve those posted goals and even if you do the same there is no guarantee.

You can send offers to more dealers. Also reach out to dealers out of your region. You can try a broker if you are out of patience.

People really need to start using the tools and resources available to them within this very forum. Just because you see something doesn’t mean you are going to get the same thing and it warrants a thread.

I’m in Milwaukee looking for a 5 series, just because someone in Alabama can get it for $550, doesn’t mean I’m going to get the same.

People need to start looking at the marketplace to get an understanding of their specific region and the respective cars baseline price. Additionally, everyone needs to stop thinking they can beat a brokers deal. Some might be able to, but many cannot… it’s just a fact. Just like the Packers are and will always be superior to the Bears

I’ll throw you a bone and help out a fellow Midwestern and recommend you reach out to @Benedetto

Don’t talk about the Packers like that :sweat_smile: I’m getting PTSD as a Lions Fan.

That unit in Texas is a FWD and whomever the manager is, is probably looking for a job in January.

It looks like they applied, retail(non lease) dealer cash, costco, conquest(program rules below) + retail (non lease) first responder.

Individuals who currently own/lease a non-Volvo vehicle. Members of the same household are also eligible to provide proof of ownership on behalf of the purchaser. Proof of same household residence must be provided prior to finalizing sales deal. A copy of this proof must be retained with the sales deal and readily available should an audit by VCUSA request such proof. Garaging address must be in the State of Texas. The Conquest lease Tax Credit for the state of Texas customers (Lease Bonus) cannot be combined with Texas Tax Credits/ L&M allocation.

It also looks like they got Tax credits, which they also should not have applied.

Kudos to that person - it’s a real unicorn.