2021 Volvo XC60 R Design T5

I’m in Texas to start so I’m taxed on the purchase price :frowning:, but here goes my latest offer:

|MSRP $59,535.00
|Invoice $56,022.54
|Costco Price $55,022.00
|Incentives $3,500.00
|Sell Price $51,522.54
Fees $353
Sales Tax $3307.80
|MF 0.00098
|RV% 59%
|RV $35,125.00
|DAS $1,643.00
|Payment $643.00

*This also includes a $1530 check back to me to pay off last 2 payments on current Audi SQ5 lease.

The one thing I’m seeing is that the MF is marked up based on what others say on Edmunds (.00068)…dealer is saying that Volvo marks up number from .00058. I’ve never heard of that.

I think there’s a good amount of discount considering the additional $1530 to pay off my current lease, but curious what others have seen. It’s pretty close to 1% on a brand new 2021 vehicle.

Ultimately I’m trying to get into a care with payment in the $500s based on what I’m driving.

Any other thoughts on how to make that happen without putting more money down? What do you think hackers?

More than half the numbers in your calculator don’t even match what you wrote up.

Definitely go back and read Leasing 101. There are a lot of articles on LH that can help with getting a lease.

2 Likes

Keep your Audi for 2 months. This check for $1,500 is not a gift. And Costco doesn’t give you the same discount that you can negotiate on your own.

2 Likes

Keep the Audi for 2 months and extend if possible. Waiting for tax credits in Texas will save you almost $3,000

1 Like

Did they find out the dealer payoff of your SQ5? Do you know what it’s worth from Carvana, Vroom, etc?

Texas sales tax and VW/Audi trade-ins will be messy. The dealer needs to get the payoff quote from Audi. In an ideal world you’re in positive equity or close to break even on your SQ5, they will buy your vehicle from AudiFS, the overpaid sales tax gets applied and wipes out a large chunk of sales tax on the XC60. Problem is that only makes sense if the sales tax offset is more than the equity on the trade.

The other option is they have sales tax credits anyway and so it’s just a case of getting rid of the SQ5 in the most financially sensible way. Whether that’s handing back to Audi, trading in, selling to 3rd party separately.

In an ideal world you do this in your last month of your SQ5 lease so it’s more efficient, but I don’t know whether waiting will make the discount and incentives on the XC60 worse.

Sales tax credits are out there on Volvos, see this deal from today: Too good to be true? Volvo XC90

1 Like

I just plugged in numbers that got me to a payment to back into understanding the discount. The dealer fees are the only thing that I don’t have exact figure on.

Any thoughts on what I should be shooting for on discount on 2021?

Also, I understand it’s not a gift. The $1500 isn’t being rolled into the lease though. It’s essentially a discount I’m not getting in the car…I’m probably better off subbing out the down payment in lieu of the check and pay OOP. That’s of course if the discount is big enough to make sense of getting out early.

Appreciate the feedback. Payoff is $42 + payments. Vroom offered $40k. I’m still upside down.

It’s only 12k miles on a 2018, so my other thought was to buy it out if it can build some positive equity in the next few months. I’m still not driving much, but there’s no crystal ball to help me figure that out.

That makes a lot of sense. I’ve gotten them on a previous car…maybe do that at beginning of October when dealer has more tax credits.

Will do. Got a little ahead of myself I think and didn’t have my numbers ready.

Do you have any thoughts on a discount I should be thinking about? I’m asking based on your name…

If it’s $1500 less discount than you’d be getting otherwise, it’s $1500 being rolled into the lease. It may not be itemized, but that’s just a matter of book keeping.

1 Like

That sounds like the payoff if you were to buy the vehicle. Audi/VW have another, normally higher, payoff for other dealers. It’s annoying but they make the rules.

If you still like the SQ5 and haven’t had any major issues I would just buy it and ride out the warranty and see what’s available. Interest rates are low so financing it will be cheap. In 6/9/12 months trade it in when the time and deal makes sense.

1 Like

10% before incentives, I guess. Or just ask for another $1,500 off to get you exactly to 10%, but they won’t do it. Wait 2 months as I said before, but maybe the sales tax credit paid on Audi will help to offset lower discount. I just don’t see any reason for not waiting 2 months.

What @Ursus said. He is the real Volvo expert.

Still, I don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t keep the Audi for its lease term prior to looking for a Volvo. 2020 pricing will only get better (if it holds lease support).

@volvo1 @Ursus This is for a 2021, not a 2020. Not sure if that matters, but the question becomes whether I can get this deal at any time (which is probably yes). If so, then to your point I might as well wait.

Thanks for the feedback.