2021 Toyota Sienna - Hybrid Only

Just look at all that grill!

Wonder if rollout will get pushed into 2021 rather than late this year. Wife and I loved our Sienna besides a noisy interior (feel like it was a combo of the run-flats and just poor sound-proofing). But oh man there was so much space!

It could be worse:

1 Like

Wow finally!

Am I the only one who remembers that Toyota announced a Prius sub-brand where everything (including a minivan) would be a hybrid?

Right alongside Scion.

1 Like

> That’s a drop of 53 horsepower compared with the outgoing Sienna’s 3.5-liter V-6, but the tradeoff is an estimated combined EPA fuel economy rating of up to 33 mpg—a significant 12-mpg improvement.
So it may be even slower now for the extra MPG :joy: Wild it is just as stated in the article.

Oh man I remember being just infatuated with Scion when I was ~18. Think it was around the same time Fast and Furious movies were my thing too. :laughing:

1 Like

The important question… do you think the mid cycle refresh in 3 years will finally get apple carplay?

1 Like

Lol. Don’t the newer Tacoma and Tundras have it?

I actually like this. The styling is somewhat sportier, has some family resemblance to the Highlander, and it’s clearly different from the last car.

The interior design is rather daring, w/ the nearly horizontal center console.

I think the styling direction is better executed on the new Venza. Looks a lot more modern and more elegant. The Sienna reminds me too much of the Avalon TRD, which just makes no sense.

Agree that the Venza looks better. I’m actually confused as to why the Venza wasn’t turned into a Lexus. The interior, to my eye, is quite luxurious, and the equipment (like the sound system and the electrochromatic sunroof… I’m sure some of that is optional) is very impressive.

Then they’d feel the need to make it look like an extra from the next Alien vs predator movie and no one would want it.

1 Like

Toyota seems to be (slightly) toning down some of the more questionable design elements w/ their recent introductions. My hope is that the restraint somehow spreads to the Lexus line… ::sigh::

I wish they’d try harder

1 Like

That Venda looks pretty nice tbh.

Is that a TRD avalon?

Yes… for some reason, it’s something that exists

LM300h more like LMFAO

1 Like

Who doesn’t love mini vans? :face_vomiting:

Oh, the new Sienna is based on the mostly Asian-sold Toyota Alphard… it’s awesome… to be driven in :grin: interior space is so luxurious and you have recliner captains chairs…

What’s crazy is that the the Sienna was the quickest of Toyotas mass market base cars for a long time (I don’t consider Avalon a mass market car?).
It’s only for 2020 that all Highlanders get the V6 which matches the base Sienna’s performance. Of course I have rented plenty of minivans for family trips and seemingly ever driver complains about how slow and under powered they are compared to cars that actually are objectively slower.

Which is to say, mind as well have impressive MPG numbers since people are gonna think minivans are slow regardless of actual performance.