2021 Toyota Sienna - Hybrid Only

Some of the initial reporting seems to suggest the 2nd row seating is not removable because of airbags etc. I think that’s a mistake. One of the best parts of minivans is the fact you can easily turn them into proper vans! I’ve rented a few Sienna’s to move some bulky items as I’ve found it far easier than a pick up truck.

1 Like

Toyota is going to sell (rarely lease) every one of these nerd boxes they build:

:nerd_face::blue_car::battery::fuelpump:

2 Likes

This will sell at MSRP longer than the Supra did

7 Likes

Highly doubt it

They will be hot in CA for sure. Won’t be surprised if over msrp for awhile

2 Likes

Well in all fairness, it used to be. The Venza is the JDM Harrier. The first 2 generations of Lexus RX were rebadged Toyota Harriers. The 3rd generation Harrier & RX went their separate ways and we’re currently in the 4th generation of each. So there’s good reason why it looks like a mini RX (at least last gen, etc).

If this replaces the NX 300, some people will be very happy.

You shouldn’t be confused, cause you’re right. The new Venza is actually just a rebadged Toyota Harrier - which in previous generations was a rebadged RX - okay, that part is kinda confusing.

Edit: oh @TypeSH said it first :joy:

The hairier the merrier.

NSFW dude!

And this is why I was confused. When the Harrier came out, I read how previous gens were the same as our RX. Subtract a few inches from the Harrier/Venza, and I think you have a pretty swell NX.

Aside from being a little smaller and having a more powerful ICE engine, I’m not sure if there’s much of a need for a next-gen NX functionally (although I assume there will still be one).

Every manufacturers’ SUV lineup:

2 Likes

Especially when you compare NX300h to the Venza Hybrid. I know which one I’d rather have. Though I expect both will continue to live alongside each other, it’s not like SUV demand is dying. I also expect the NX to continue to be the better lease deal. I’d rather have the Harrier/Venza than the NX.

Too bad they didn’t call it the Harrier, it has such a better connotation than Venza:

Considering how bad the RAV4 Hybrid discount is already, there is going to be no meat on the bone for any sort of LH deal.

Might as well stay hoping for a unicorn T8 of some kind.

1 Like

Yea some vehicles just aren’t meant to be leased. At best some sort of purchase offer. For the most of us it doesn’t make sense at all considering the alternatives (including the RAV4 Gas Model).

2 Likes

Was looking at Highlander Hybrid but that Sienna looks almost the same with way more practicality…