2021 Tahoe RST Lease

You got an LT fully loaded signature package for 480 a month with zero down? I admit I’m a novice when it comes to getting a great lease but I don’t believe this at all. I pay 701 for my 18 that had an MSRP of 69k after incentives the drive off price was 61k. Zero down

True, my 2017 LT was 573, zero down. 480 would be quite a stretch.

The best place to start is

Please read links in there such as “how to calculate payments” and other helpful articles.

It might seem like a lot but TBH there are fewer <60 minute exercises which will save you so much time, money and anxiety over your driving lifetime.

It may also save you (after your negotiations with LH input) inside the finance office where no one can from the internet can really help you.

Remember, it’s almost impossible to reverse-engineer the math starting from the output (monthly payment) and figure out if it’s a good deal. Start at the beginning.

1 Like

Great, still has little to no value to the current conversation in 2021.

:chocolate_bar:

I was shopping a Tahoe around that time, would have been very difficult to do that

Sure post your contact :man_shrugging:

Exactly. We could take that 2018 deal at face value, maybe it was the best deal in the history of Tahoes but it still wouldn’t be relevant to 2021

1 Like

IIRC didn’t you mention something about GM not allowing anything better than a triple net deal on these and the rest of the 2021 big boy SUVs currently?

Is gm financial taking care of the three months?

this guys a troll lol, to get sub $500 on a new body tahoe you’d need 20%+ (quite literally) off pre-incentives.

Posting @r6bbie’s deal from September 2018 in case anyone else was interested: 2018 Chevy Tahoe LT, did I do okay? Pictures inside, almost murder.

As others have stated, numbers from 3 years ago have no bearing when looking at today’s market.

1 Like

I know we get a lot of “loaded” and “fully loaded” claims around here but the idea of anyone using the adjective “loaded” to describe an LS trim level Chevy anything is pretty funny. Maaaaybe you could use that on an LT with leather something or another with every option, but even that’s a stretch. My 2016 Malibu LT had leather, tech package, sun and wheels and I couldn’t bring myself to refer to it as “loaded”, although I did find it a nice enough place to be in!

1 Like

:face_with_monocle: :thinking:

7 Likes

L: Fleet/Rental for people you don’t like. Might have air conditioning?

LS: I really hope nobody notices the wheel covers and non body matched mirrors

LT: OK, not too bad. I can get leather too? That’s cool. (Offer not valid on the Chevy Bolt)

Premier/High Country/etc: You get the picture.

3 Likes

No more LTZ?

I think they replaced LTZ with Premier in most configurations?

He definitely got a great on an '18, but I just don’t see how it’s reproduceable here in '21 on a different trim Tahoe that’s almost 10k higher in MSRP, is 8 points lower on RV, has 50% more MF, and is 3 months longer. At least the US Bank MF is half the amount he’s paying.

Even assuming that @mohsdef can get the same 16% discount (is that including rebates? Are there even any?), he would still be far above the '18 LT. It just is not realistic for this situation.

I’m just glad Robbie came to this forum because now everyone can call that vehicle a “ho”

He’s not the hero we deserve in 2021, but he’s the hero we need.

6 Likes

ho’s for pro’s my guy

Leasing is cyclical so whatever happened 3-6 months ago from an incentives, MF, inventory and %discount standpoint is almost entirely irrelevant because the cycle has changed.

I can’t comment on the OP’s deal through GMF but I can tell you that the 2021 Tahoe RSTs that we have been leasing through our credit unions for the last 60 days have ranged between a 4.5% discount to an 8.7% premium over sticker with an average through 14 transactions of 0.4% premium over MSRP. Our payments beat GMF by $30-80/mo at these levels, depending on which CU you qualify to join (if at all). This was across Chevy dealers in NY (9 transactions avg 1.9% over MSRP), MA (4 transactions avg 2.6% discount under MSRP) and CA (1 transaction at MSRP) so YMMV in other markets.

In the current climate, supply within a competitive area has the heaviest weighting on what kind of discount/premium you can expect.

4 Likes