2021 Subaru Crosstrek negotiable discounts

They are respected, but all the guys here have seen hundreds of unrealistic posts. Your’s was well written with a goal in pricing, but you picked a car that can’t be had for that price, unless it’s been in an accident first.

They do mean well but yes, it comes off harsh, in fact the first reply from MLLCB42, that was probably the most concise post I’ve seen him do, and it was pretty much to the point. Your 10% isn’t going to work today.

1 Like

Well, the usual tricks are dead, so to speak.

2 Likes

Well, the only usual trick that still works is wait till some broker here offers a great deal and snap it up. That’s how I got my Kona, and that’s how all these people got 4Xes and now Willys.

I mean to even get 8% off a Jeep, you have to find a dealer who will honor Associate (aka almost employee) pricing and that’s pretty rough. but 10% off a Subaru? that’s really hard in this short stock market.

1 Like

I was being punny. Still, might be worth hitting up @rubbergash and see if he can run down any inventory.

You are my kind of guy!!!

1 Like

May be worth a try, but he hasn’t posted here since May

1 Like

OP, check out this post. I had a goal of paying less than MSRP in this market and ended up placing a factory order with invoice less 2%.

I ended up purchasing since the lease terms weren’t great, but the discount would likely apply on a lease too.

Could be an option if your original approach doesn’t yield results.

2 Likes

What were your financing terms – The APR rate online is 0% for an unknown amount of months –

I would take 0% for 96 months.

1 Like

inflation is 1-2 percent – even a rate of 2% is free money

0% is always better though –

1 Like

There’s a 6 month cooling off period for $100, so more like $500.

Was hoping to lock in the 0% for as long as possible too, but can only get the current rate when taking delivery.

Can you expand on this? First time hearing this so not sure what all this means.

I can’t remember where the link is but
It says you must be a $100 Guardian for at least 6 months.
Unless you give them $500 and become a Founder.

1 Like

Whats invoice on a Subaru? 5%?

Yup you’re right, I forgot the mention there’s a $500 “cost” to the discount.

If one has the time to do 6 monthly donations (the terms did not specify any minimum amount) the cost can be lower.

For those interested in the process, you have to establish eligibility with ASPCA first, then ask them to authorize VIP pricing with Subaru through an online form. Can’t do both in parallel.

Yup, it varied a little between trims, but around 4.5% for an Impreza Hatchback.

good stuff – thanks

This for buyers who want to buy right away and getting into the trap of dealership hype

Definitely market is tough but you can score 5-10% with 1-2 weeks of effort

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.