2021 Honda Odyssey Touring

So after haggling for days with various dealerships I got a final quote on odessey touring trim 12k 36 months for 426 per month in dfw.

Update: corrected. Sorry it was pretty late so I was planning to put an update out in the morning

What do y’all think?

On a very broad scale, this is the discount I got in price

Dfw
12k/36
426 per month (tax included)
Selling Price 43,620.00
Discount 6,850.00
Adjusted Price 36,770.00
Tax credits: partial only

1000 down
Mf .00112
62% residual

I am sure hackers looking into dfw deals can punch in those numbers to see what the calculator says. Here is where I was before I started. I offered 1000 down to bring the number lower.

Deal isn’t closed yet but once I close it, will share the final numbers. I had to work with 5 dealerships and make them counter offer. This was the lowest I got.

Also, this is the initial quote on the pricing from 2 weeks back where it all started. Alot has changed but it has been over the phone.

1 Like

How much DAS?

It is practically impossible for us to tell you what a “good” monthly payment is for your specific lease as lease programs are highly dependent on region, personal qualifications, tax rates, etc.

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (Blog | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!!
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator, and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

How bizarre to misspell both Honda and Odyssey… Apparently intentionally?

Otherwise who would begin spelling Odyssey with a zero instead of a “O”?

It’s almost as if the OP intended for this thread to be never found in a search

Was late night man. Didn’t mean to. :rofl:

So here’s the thing with leases in Texas. They charge tax at 6.25% on the selling price

Unless the bank has tax credits with give out through the dealer. Then it’s 1.25%.

So tax credits can mask an ordinary (or worse) deal if they have them.

Texas is the only place I know of where it’s super important to know what’s going on with taxes in your lease.

In addition there’s the general playbook that @mllcb42 gave you that applies to all states.

Yea I have been an Acura mdx buyer for decades. I have always gotten the tax credit heavens there. Mi familia grew so we aren’t going with the mdx this time around or I have a tech package deal for around 430 first month down only on the remaining 2020 models.

Honda has been very mean about giving tax credits. I had dealers check my reservation on a color that was just at one lot. That triggered other dealers to know I was working with someone else and this is as far as they went. They are frustrated now if I tell them to drop down more as I still see some wiggle room.

I had them remove the crap charges 799> 299 etc in that line but they won’t fully remove them all the way. Still charging me for pin stripes and paint protection which.

You don’t need to fight over every line item. Follow the playbook and make your offer of $x per month with $500 DAS.

It doesn’t matter to you if they get there by lining their pockets with BS commissions

1 Like

Would you share the dealer info? Also would the dealer ready to honor similar deal for other customers?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.