2021 Grand Cherokee L 3 Row-Gorgeous!

When can I buy it!!! As much as I like my wrangler I’m ready to go back to a 5.7 GC.

I think there’s some character missing from the greenhouse. Front is very familiar and distinctive, rear is fairly distinctive. But, for all the boxiness, there’s just enough softness that the greenhouse and doors come off as a bit generic. There’s also a bit of a weird softness around the D-pillar, and I can’t think of any car where the random chrome strip works well (incl all Kia/Hyundai products, and I generally have liked the design of their most recent products otherwise). And the chrome strip connects this to the Compass, which I don’t think is a great association.

The greenhouse with that chrome strip geometry looks just like a 2017 jeep compass; the pinnacle of high class, modern fca design.

I agree with you on the chrome stripe in general. I have contemplated blacking it out on my palisade many times. If I owned it, I definitely would.

Agree as well on these chrome strips, almost always come across as a cheap design cue. At least they had it come down on the d pillar, not sure why Hyundai chose to bring it down before the rear window. Almost hearse like.

Many more Tellurides than Palisades where I live, so I haven’t seen many Palisades up close. Looking at pic, I actually don’t find the chrome strip on the Hyundai to be as distracting as it is on many other cars. I actually think…

… makes it look less obvious. How obvious the chrome is also might be color dependent?

I think the outside design is ugly the last gen body style is more of a looker. With that said, the inside is gorgeous.

This 3 row version doesn’t look very proportional …

I guess they marketing this towards the soccer moms who love their 3 row SUV. Another over sized truck

This is going to look much better as a 2 row SUV. That is slated to come out next year

1 Like

Kia just hit it out of the park with the styling on the new sedona for chasing that market

4 Likes

Is that a 2022 model? I looked at Kia’s website and the 2021 Sedona looks nothing like that pic

Ya, was just unveiled a few days ago

Kind of looks like a Lincoln.

You know you’ve designed your minivan right when people think it looks like a navigator.

3 Likes

I think it had actually been unveiled in late summer (used to follow a car design website that official pics awhile back).

Ah, maybe. It just started popping up on a bunch of reviews and car sites. Maybe they just sent out a bunch of press cars.

It’ll be interesting to see what it looks like in real life. I get why they “butch-ed” it up, but it looks like an uncomfortable mating btw SUV and minivan, to my eye.

TBH the new Tahoe and Sub are so ugly from every angle that the GCL looks great by comparison

Design conservatism > “bold” ideas drawn by 3yr olds

McIntosh Audio is amazing stuff. Top of the line stuff Best Buy sells in Magnolia, and if you love 2-channel audio at home, McIntosh tube amps are legendary. Looking forward to hearing the system in the Grand Cherokee