2021 Grand Cherokee L 3 Row-Gorgeous!

So, it applies the new style direction better than the Wago/G-Wago, so that’s a plus, but it’s still a bit… boxy?

The 2-row may apply the styling better, let’s see.

The original Cherokee is such an iconic design that I can’t blame Jeep for sticking close to some variant of that. It’s their version of the 911. And, TBH, boxy SUVs make way more sense to me than do all the swoopy SUV “coupes.”

3 Likes

Agreed

Boxy creates more headroom in the 3rd row

Also, boxy is in baby! Defender, G Wagon, people miss the old Pilot, XC40, Bronco…

2 Likes

Exterior, particularly rear 3/4 view looks like an X7.

Flat-ish roof + third window almost same size and shape as second window = they’re all inevitably going to look like that.

Tail light design too.

Is that a digital VU meter, maybe I can make a basement tape in a car lol

1 Like

I have nothing against boxy per se. but I’ve seen boxy done better stylistically. Something about it feels lacking. But I still like it better than Wago, so that’s a start.

Maybe the feature where it slides out of park and murders the owner wasn’t ready in time?

Nope that was ready in 2015

Maybe to address the terrible “small overlap” crash test scores?

Doesn’t appear so.

If I can take the (maybe better?) infotainment system to-go, it’s probably safer to use it sitting in a folding chair, in the middle of a busy highway.

5 Likes

The infotainment system in FCA products is the IPad Air, and the infotainment in Volvo and BMW is the original Kindle.

I have no idea how it took FCA product planning this long to kick out a 3 row Jeep product.

But I like it.

1 Like

Why not call it a Grand Wagoneer?

I’m not saying any infotainment system is better than this (though every prior iteration left me underwhelmed, look forward to trying it), and it doesn’t matter to me because I use CarPlay 100% of the time.

Putting a great infotainment system in a death trap just gives the first responders something fun to look at, no thanks.

4 Likes

That’s a different product that’s coming soon.

Jeep luxury SUV’s will be:

Grand Cherokee
Grand Cherokee L
Grand Wagoneer

1 Like

What about the Orifice, I mean, Orvis edition?

I’m also going to have to disagree here like @JD81

The 392 and hellcat engine do wonders for the brand, name me one engine that fits into this many vehicles, the only one I can think of was the m113k which was in the c55,e55,s55,ml55,clk55,g55, and cl55.

Similarly the 392/hc is in the charger,challenger, ram, jeep gc, and now durango. Coupe,sedan,suv, and pickup truck.

The hellcat is the most bulletproof engine being produced atm

No offense but this is one of the dumber statements on this forum.

The uconnect system is solid, far from worst. Srt pages gave me issues so it’s far from perfect. It has android auto and carplay.

Reliability I can’t speak for outside the charger hc and various hc forum members dealings with the scat and hc.

Nissan has a bunch of issues, starting with first and foremost the god awful implementation of cvt.

I didn’t base the looks of the vehicle to chase down reports on legacy model issues. But I’m not a doom and gloom person either so was merely defending the infotainment in FCA products as a whole.

Grand Cherokees have always aged well compared to others. This one will be no different. While it doesn’t make me go wow, it will still look really good in 5 years. I once read many years ago in a car and driver how it’s the only domestic mid sized SUV that would look good in a west palm beach driveway. This is no different.

It looks much nicer in the inside than the current one. I doubt it will lease for $330/mo sign& drive i pay for my $43K limited any time soon though.

The GW is a larger vehicle on a BOF/truck platform, unlike the unibody GC.

1 Like